Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Sorry I’m a dumabss what exactly do you recommend doing?

648 is for small gaps
638 larger gaps.
Both are around 3500Nm strength, 638 might just be trickier to get over everything
@YeetMeat

1 Like

Can I use unity or xenith for single drive board

1 Like

yes

1 Like

This board should answer your question.

2 Likes

Please also read this thread BEFORE u plan on using super single:

2 Likes

any top-mounted 12s8p 21700 eMTB builds people know of? - am looking for a suitable enclsoure/box that isnt Trampa, and that will fit this battery spec (Pelicase ones seems to only fit 12s7p 21700 max)

2 Likes

I’m doing 16s6p which is the same amount of cells in this enclosure. https://a.aliexpress.com/_uHKfeX.
When it comes in I will measure the true internal dimensions and let you know if it fits.

2 Likes

that would be really great if you could. do you remember which one you bought? - there are a few different sized ones.

2 Likes

280 x 230 x 98 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

wicked, cheers mate. i may drop you a DM if i dont hear in a week or so ;-D

2 Likes

Ali said its in my country so I should be able to let you know soon!

2 Likes

oh cool! … just in the early plannig stages, but battery/enclosure/deck ive learnt the hard way are the first things to sort

3 Likes

I Ordered some XT60 connectors, but accidentaly ordered ones that have cables in them. I wanted to use them for the connection from esc to motor (also should have gotten coonnectors with 3 cable inputs instead of 2 lol)

Should i remove the cables attached in those connectors or should i just solder my cables onto those cables? And how could i remove those cables?

1 Like

cut the heatstrink off and desolder the cable from the connector

4 Likes

I’d probably just get new connectors and save these for future uses. Gonna be weird using 3 XT60s for two motors, and you’ll always find a use for XT60s. Get MR60s or MT60s instead without pigtails.

3 Likes

For what can I use them ?

Another question, how can I connect the motor with the ESC and battery for testing, would it be possible to solder them together or would I damage parts that way?

1 Like

I mean just for testing when I have no connectors at home

@Kev I have done this before and DO NOT recommend it.

:arrow_up: this

1 Like

You can use them really anywhere you want to split a power cable. That can be battery leads, power supply units, or even a small loopkey. I bought a pack of five for a Nerf blaster thinking I’d only ever use one, well a year later they’re all gone for various things.

I guess you could solder them, but I wouldn’t really recommend it, especially on the battery side. I really don’t like working on a live powered system, and I’m not sure how the antispark would function.

1 Like