Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

If Brenternet were here, he’d point out that Facebook and Reddit are the real hunting grounds for these guys, and we’re a smaller and tougher-to-please subgroup.

6 Likes

Hi guys,

I’ve been having a problem where one side of my Stormcore 60D (new) seems to be struggling to run properly. When under load it doesnt want to turn and is ticking. Brand new 63100’s too. Free turning is fine except for the ticking but as soon as I add resistance it stalls and comes to a stop. The otherside is completely fine and doesn’t have that at all. Both settings on the vesc tool are the same and swapping the motor to the other side creates the same problem on the other side. Does anyone have any ideas because i’m kinda stumped. To note though in smart reverse the problem goes away both motors don’t stall at all.
here. Any help would be really appreciated.
Link to the crappy video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H9FV3FdNpssGFzAmk4zRHlfr4QmbA_SP?usp=sharing

motor shorted? check phase wires and also if the motor mount screws are too long which touches the winding

3 Likes

Ill do that now and see what happens :slight_smile:

No luck :frowning:

try this:

also summoning @b264

haha that’s the first thing I did. It did it on my old motors and I figured it might be those so upgraded but unfortunately not

So, do I understand correctly:

You swapped the motors without changing any settings in software, and the problem swapped sides? Yes?

You’ve already changed the motors to new motors? Yes?

And, are you running sensored or unsensored? First thing I would do is disconnect any sensors if you’re using them, to try to isolate variables. Run sensorless FOC.

2 Likes

anyone know good bergmeister alternatives that fit bergmeister adapters? I have the boardnamics M1 gear drive and only AT option fits bergmeister rims. mainly just want the speed from it and dont really wanna pay or wait for them.

There are a few AT options with Kegal mounts.21c75f_42ac984bbbb249e1b0a1a7a905827cfa_mv2_d_3976_2458_s_4_2

1 Like

where can i get those??

1 Like

Janux esk8
Storm esk8 also have 6" airless as well.
@surfnacho is also working on a kegal AT hub.

2 Likes

Yeh I would totally recommend you throw a preorder in for InfinityHubs, but you said you don’t want to wait.

2 Likes

thanks. 120 for a set of 6 inch not bad. but looks like people are saying they are being ghosted in the reviews lol

2 Likes

they look cool but idk what tubes and tires to get, just know of mbs and bergmeisters mostly. im a noob with AT stuff.

1 Like

Best bet is to nuke @Boardnamics inbox until he makes adapters for hypa/superstars/mbs hubs

1 Like

Tons of options. Trampa urban tread are great. TB tire set also works well. There are a lot of choices.

Uh… what? None of these fit m1 gear drives with bergmeister adapters
Edit: ignore this comment

2 Likes

Ah, right! Apologies

1 Like