Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

I would definitely choose the Flipsky 6384 over an sk3 6374 for a single drive.

However, 140Kv really sucks, I’d go 190Kv to 210Kv for sure.

3 Likes

You need the 2mm jst connectors. 1.25 is on some newer escs but not the standard.

How much does 140kv suck? Doesn’t the motor have the same torque (with less amps), just less speed? It would mean I could use 20/44 instead of 15/44 so way less chance for belt skipping. Do you know how the motor’s resistance differs between 140 and the 190kv version?

1 Like

@Geo_Engineering_FTW do you know if a super stiff pack would work ina hummie build
long pieces of nickel for serial conenctions
double stacked nickel going over 6 cells

1 Like

I second that I bought 2x FS 140kv for my 16s build but was underwelmed by their performance. I went back to using a old pair of flipsky 6384s 190kv more torque and more speed also handle the higher voltages better.

2 Likes

I believe mine are 1.25

1 Like

that kind knowledge is above my paygrade, perhaps @Athrx might know, or even @tinp123

(tinp built my battery)

2 Likes

@Geo_Engineering_FTW yup those cables should work for the mini foc, you need to remove the +5V and GND cables, and swap one of the connectors so that the cables are crossed.
No need to cut the cables, you can remove them with a tiny flathead screwdriver

The way they come it would connect esc1 CH to esc2 CL, you want CH-CH and CL-CL

1 Like

ok, ill order them then. these come in a few days…bit pricey for what they are, but hey ho.

thanks again -D

1 Like

Oh, thats kinda strange. In theory lower kv means more torque / amp. I ask anubis whether he will have 190kv in the near future. If not, should I go for 140kv 6384 flipsky, or 192kv SK3 6374? Tbh I am still leaning towards the 6384 FS, mainly because that would mean I have a keywayed shaft. There really isn’t any other option for me, because it has to be max 100€ shipped. And because of the gearing, to avoid belt skip, I think a lower kv would be more appropiate. 15T is kind of on the edge of skipping, while 20T will for sure not skip when set up well.

might wanna confirm with @YUTW123 that the mini roc plus uses JST-GH before ordering, but if it does those cables work just fine

:man_facepalming:
just ordered

well you’ll know soon enough :smiley:
They should be JST-GH but I’m not 100% sure

1 Like

you mean it’ll explode if they’re not right? :sweat_smile:

…kinda serious about that tho…will they xplode?

1 Like

That what I thought when I bought them. But Rated torque was higher also going from 6374 to 6384. The 6374 ran much warmer at 16S.

nah, there shouldn’t be any explosions, the pitch is right but the connector might be wrong.

Just remember to remove the +5V and GND cables, and power on both esc’s when the cable is connected and it should be fine

1 Like

no, it wouldn’t work. such a long battery with nickel series connection won’t work on any deck. just don’t. you will have broken nickel, probably sooner than later.

3 Likes

What are the resistance values of the 140kv 6384, or in other words, how many amps do you think it can handle before overheating?

yep worked it out and can fit in series conenctions without routing at all
thanks man

So I did buy a Sunko Spot welder on Amazon even though I’ve heard mix feedback.

Having a look a came across A cheaper portable one but it is rated up to 0.12mm I wondered if anyone has used it or something similar? How good is it? Is it possible to do 0.2mm welds?