Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

bit more like 120lbs and wasnt getting power with 6374 saw ahravs sale and jumped on it
i realise its overkill but meh

1 Like

with 4?? You must be lacking in some other place then

4 Likes

no with dual 6374 at 50 battery amps so just decided i wnated more

lmao im dying right here :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

What is up with these people?

Ant-innovation

???

2 Likes

To set a Trampa VESC to roll to start, all you have to do is connect the pin labeled “power switch” to any ground pin. RTS has worked so reliably on my Trampa VESC MKIII’s that I would say ditch the switch and just use RTS on all 4.

Unless you are losing a lot of energy to heat, a big motor does not produce more power when you supply the same amps.

A 6355 motor at 50V and 30A makes 1500W.
A 6374 motor at 50V and 30A makes 1500W.
A 6396 motor at 50V and 30A makes 1500W.
A 8580 motor at 50V and 30A makes 1500W.

The energy output of the motor is a product of the electrical energy you put in. Size doesnt change that.

What size does affect is the amount of energy that you lose to heat in your motor. A bigger motor will (generally) build less heat at the same amps and volts as a lower motor, and therefore can accept more amps before burning up.

All that to say, 4x 6396 motors are gonna do you fuck all if you are not pushing big amps to them. Otherwise you might as well have gone with 4x 6355.

4 Likes

They appear to be re-selling lots of aliexpress-available motors. Im seeing some Saite, some maytech, some flipsky, an AlienPowerSystems, etc.

If the prices are good, they actually deliver, and their QC and CS are good, then why not :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

True but if you increase the amps, it’s a big difference. My 6355’s would only take 50a, but upgrading to 6374’s I can push 80 each now

2 Likes

10s2p p42a battery
yes that will be my next purchase but I wanted to replace the esc first. As of right now the brakes have been fine, and I’ve only hit 27mph, but because of my gear ratio I cant go faster

1 Like

That’s a decent battery, should be fine for 50A continuous and 80A peak. Sensorless BLDC is probably not the best choice if you want good off-the-line torque. Try sensored FOC if that is an option for you, or HFI if it isnt.

All in all, a TB6 vesc, a 10s2p P42A battery, and a good 6355 motor is not a bad combo. Just fiddle around with your settings until it runs how you like.

2 Likes

yep though i am getting a 12s6p p42a so its gonna push way more then the limit on 6355

also i didnt get 6396 because i was desperate for them rather i got because thats what came with the package

i bought 4wd 3d servisas helical drives +275mm trucks+ adjustable basplates+ 3d servisas hubs+ motors + metroboard strech all in one package

also about the rts i wanna use them the only issue is that i have 2 old trampa vescs which dont have the switch pin so i am gonna have to change to the more recent versions of them

thanks for the info though as it makes life way easier for me to wire

thanks

Do i still need an adapter for the sensor cable or no since its a tb esc?

1 Like

no need for adapter, should be plug and play

2 Likes

Okay, cool. With my old esc, it wasn’t the right connector so I couldn’t use it. I’ll try foc sensor

1 Like

u had a tb motor right? they should have jst ph2.0 plug

2 Likes

Why? The TB6 ESC is legit.

3 Likes

Yes, but a maytech esc so I believe I needed an adapter

Why the speed or the motor?

If you are running a single 6355 on a TB6 ESC then the first upgrade path should probably be a bigger motor. The ESC can handle probably more than you’re using it for.

3 Likes

Oh I see what your saying. The TB6 is the first upgrade I’ve done so far and its being delivered today, but before I had a 4.12 esc. I will look into getting a bigger motor when I have the money lol

2 Likes