Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Countersink bits is whart youre looking for!

9 Likes

Ooooo perfect! Logical name too :joy:
Thank you Zach

2 Likes

90° Countersink

2 Likes

Anytime amigo

1 Like

I’m back again from the last n00b thread with the same problem. Everything worked fine with my board until I placed it down on my floor and the motor won’t start spinning again. I have checked the connections between the motor and vesc with a multimeter and they seem to be working fine, everything else with the vesc also works (there is no burn marks or corrosion), except for my ADC 3 pin on COMM, but my connector doesn’t have a wire there so I don’t think its needed. The only problem left is that I can’t connect it to the vesc tool it says “Could not read firmware version.”. I have tried st-link but my SWD port/connector is to small for my cabels to fit. Do you think I can tape the male part of my wires to the swds prongs?

Parts:
Vesc: Flipsky 6.6
Motor: BLDC Belt Motor 6354 190KV 2450W
Remote: Flipsky VX1 2,4Ghz

1 Like

if i have two battery packs (both with their own charge port and discharge connector and also BMS) wired in parallel to the esc, will it be a problem if i try to charge both at the same time with two identical chargers while parallel connected?

What about these?! Any experience?! Negative or positive?

1 Like

Ive got a problem with my board. Sometimes when i ride across some bumps or cracks in the road, it just cuts out and i have to turn it off and on again to work. What could be the problem? I have a fsesc 6.6 with aluminium case with integrated antispark. Also i have a firefly remote, but that shouldnt be a problem.
Thanks

I like the tires. They feel a teensy loose grip at 50PSI. but really nice in general. don’t have a ot of miles on em yet. but seem worth the purchase so far. my comparison is with 7" evolve and 8" kendas.

not sure about the tubes. 2 of my tubes had slow leaks from the start. one had a valve stem cracked.

2 Likes

People have done it, and reported success, but keep in mind you are using equipment in ways it is not designed for.

Fire hazards beware

1 Like

Sounds like your power switch to me. What switch is it? That’s exactly, to a tee, what the Evolve Carbon GT does

So am i able to fix this or do i have to live with this?

duly noted, unplugging the connector it is then. not gonna risk burning my house down

Ive seen people having with issues with these

2 Likes

I think instead you should troubleshoot it and figure out what the problem is.

2 Likes

Quick question, has anyone seen/built a tayto or spud rocking berg wheels? If not any input is welcome.

Answering my own NOOB question: vesc_tool --> Developer --> Parameter Editor Mcconf --> l_temp_motor_start/end --> change values --> save --> exit --> compile

this is how u set ur temps greater then 120>

how do i complie the file after i save it ?

2 Likes

what’s that thing called that some builds have that the belt runs over? it seems to maybe add a bit of pressure to cut any slack, or just keep the belt more stable…? I’ve read it a bunch of times but I can’t remember the name… a “runner”, or something similar sounding

It’s called an idler pulley

3 Likes

that’s the ticket