No name yet *Landyachtz Evo 40 *Lofty Direct Drive *4WD* dual Unity *vx1

After building several builds I wanted to make my first 4Wheel Drive Electric skateboard. At the moment i have al the parts but start of 2020 I will upgrade my battery (current 10s4p, wich is not enough to push it really hard atm) to 12s6p or 7p.
My idea of this build was a beast that could street race or go AT…

Deck Landyachtz EVO 40*

Always loved the deck! In combination with the @eBoosted enclosure. The deck is stiff and is very stabile on high speeds trought the angles of the truck places.

Enclosure Eboosted EVO 40 enclosure

I orderd the deck with the enclosure in combi at @eBoosted. Good service and fast delivery. Normally the enclosure is pretty smooth but i added some magic to it.

Motor Lofty Direct Drive

One year ago i orderd evolve double kingpin trucks. I felt in love with double kingpin. That is the reason why i choose these motors. double kingpin comfort and Direct Drive on all the 4 wheels will give it enough power :slight_smile:

Battery 10s4p

Battery at this moment is my old 10s4p. I know that is has no enough juice to let the 4 motors fly. In future i would like 12S for sure with some more P’s. Prob. 12s6p or 7p. What type of cells is ofcours another thing… Problems for later! :slight_smile:

esc double unity

I went for double unity for easy use! Only 1 remote and connected with canbus and easy fix right?
But were some challenges… 2 unity with 1 remote and 1 switch…
The remote problem is easy fix. Put it in the ‘‘Master unity’’. With help of a canbus with an resistor on the 5v, i got the 2 untiy working with 1 switch!

remote vx1

I like the feeling and funtions of the vx1!
Battery indicator, speeds modes, reversve mode, everything is nice and easy to use!

wheels 110mm TB wheels (option later junax AT wheels)

The 110mm TB wheels will get over bumps with eas.
Love the dark look of it! When i have more budget to spend, i will it an AT option by adding the janux AT hub to it so i can switch whenever i want to!

The board waits for some foam and some rubber grommet to completely finish this board!

thanks!

Sam Hoekstra

21 Likes

looks like the double stack enclosure, lots of room still left over after installing everything?

I have a similar setup on my 36" Evo. I just removed one king pin from the DKP trucks so it’s TKP now. I like that a lot better. It’s more stable but maneuverability is still good. IMO it also improved the overall appearance of the board. The DKP trucks push the wheels too far forward/backwards and it that looks a bit awkward to me.

You would likely need a riser with TKP though.

Anyway, just something you may want to try out if you feel like experimenting.

Nice build! :+1:

6 Likes

Sexy! Maybe you like to list it here:

This cannot be that easy! Really?? … double stacked @eBoosted enclosure; double kingping Evolve supercarve trucks; double Enertion Unitys; double Lofty direct drives…

4Dee - Landyachtz Evo 40

1 Like

Beautiful build Sam. How is the ground clearance on the DS enclosure with these double KP trucks and 110mm wheels? What riser thickness did you use?

1 Like

i have no risers yet… need to be printed… 2.4centimeter probably!
now the ground clearance with this setup is minimal XD like few CM…

i am looking for AT wheels that fit my drives :slight_smile:

A set of risers would be the solution, if you gop AT tires the 6.5" urban thread would be great

1 Like

4 Likes

No way this could be ridden safely on the street, you will get stucked on the first speed bump. Get pneumatics, it will give you the ground clearance needed and will look way cooler IMHO.

1 Like

The other option would be to use a SS enclosure

As i said. Stil need to wait for riserpads.
And yes when i have the money, i wil buy AT wheels.
I would want janux esk8 hubs but they are way to expensive

Go single king pin and add some riser pads

hard plastic risers no bueno, if you can you should go for softer rubber ones for more dampening

1 Like

I have a similar setup Blutstern - Rocket longboard, 10s6p, 4WD 58KV China Direct Drive and use the 6 inch Airless AT wheels. Its still a bit early but for now I like them a lot. When you go for AT wheels get a bigger 10s setup, or do you want to race? :thinking:

7 Likes

Janux hubs added and the 12s6p is killing it! The power output is insane!

3 Likes

How’s the torque like with those drives on those tires??

1 Like

The torque is pretty insane :slight_smile:
Got also gummies for the street feel
But the torque is very sick, the hubs are so straight, 0.0 wobble

1 Like