No name yet. Dual Flipsky 6374, Focbox Unity, 100mm Boa Wheels, DIY Integrated Evo Deck, P42a

Whats new firmware were you trying to load? Also, try loading an older one. FW 6.0 isn’t getting much love. :smiley:

1 Like

So the Unity has this version v23.46, but i’m not sure what its trying to load since it just says VESC_default.bin . Do you mean older version of the VESC tool or older fw version for the Unity and if, where do i find them?

1 Like

When the unity was made a few years ago they branched off their own firmware, so 23.46 is the most recent in the dead line of unity specific firmware. You can choose to still run it, but you need to use the Unity tool (modified version specifically for unity) rather than vesc tool. I’m trying to remember or find what you need to do get normal vesc tool to cooperate but I don’t think it’s difficult. I’ll edit if I find it again

The power switch failure is quite common; any ESC that can turn itself off or cut power has hardware in it to switch main power on and off and just keep a minimal supply for some logic stuff running, and they’re notoriously unreliable. For this reason it’s often recommended to use an external method of cutting power, like a loop key where you can just physically disconnect the power from the outside.

1 Like

Ah thanks man. I’m gonna try to search for the Unity Tool.

Is this what i sould be using?

1 Like

Or this one?

IMO it’s better to stay with mainline VESC tool because it’s up to date and has support for unity hardware on normal firmware. Sorry I didn’t phrase that very well above, I was mostly just explaining where 23.46 came from and saying that you can stick with that older branch rather than that you should.

This might help if you’re looking for basic setup info. Can I check when you say uploading the new firmware, do you mean what he shows here around 1:45?

Yeah thats exactly what i’m doing. The only thing thats probably different is that when erasing bootlloader, it stays on 0% and after a couple of seconds it says “erase timed out” but after that it does load a firmware, or at least it shows that its doing.

1 Like

I’m checking with others first in case I give an unhelpful answer, I’ll update if I have a decent idea

2 Likes

If you scroll further up in the vesc 6 release thread, and in the freesk8 chat, you will see a few ppl with this issue.
This seems like a bug where the vesc tool thinks it’s newer firmware since 23 > 6 and for some reason it doesn’t want to change it using the normal update methods
He just needs to load the 5.03 or 6.00 file into the custom tab to be able to switch from the old enertion firmware to the main version… but I think he needs more detailed instructions than I gave

@jaykup in case you want to elaborate further.

@MatteoFPV don’t brick your shit, you have been warned. :smiley:

2 Likes

yess sir. i’m trying not to😂

1 Like

Wow this build is amazing! So beautiful! So much craftsmanship!

I didn’t catch the reason for two power buttons though.

Also, send me a DM for a discount code for the Hoyt Nose battery indicator LEDs

3 Likes

Well thanks a lot. One switch is for the LED’s and one is a Powerswitch. Don’t wanna have the LED’s on when i dont need them.

2 Likes

Sexy build. Love your attention to details and willingness to learn new techniques to pull off something special with more sweat equity than cash splashing. Hope it rides amazing!

2 Likes

So is it dangerous if i would use the Focbox Tool instead of the VESC Tool? I connected it once just to see what it says and it actualy supported the firmware 23.46 without any firmware update.

23.46 was a pretty stable fw. I don’t see any reason not to use it

2 Likes

Quick Update on the Build for those who want something not firmware related😉

16 Likes