No name yet. Dual Flipsky 6374, Focbox Unity, 100mm Boa Wheels, DIY Integrated Evo Deck, P42a

20 Likes

That carbon fiber finish looks immaculate! Wow! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Fantastic !

1 Like

Incredible work. Really well done.

2 Likes

It looks amazing so far, but out of curiosity, what are these irregularities?

4 Likes

so i think the one furthest down is just some weird lightning but the other ones are folds in the vacume bag which compressed the fibers in these areas making them wider that the oders.

4 Likes

Bummer! Nit picking aside, it’s a better job than I could have done! Really nice work dude, you must be pleased

3 Likes

I’m really not an expert at Composites especially getting that perfect surface so i’m really happy with how it turned out. So Every Deck is gonna be a bit better that the one before😉

8 Likes

Wow, fantastic build. Love seeing this kind of craftsmanship.

BTW feel free to share some updates on your Dad’s RC jet project. That sounds bad ass too!

5 Likes

Yeah wed like to Rsee that too :smirk: Anyways im blown away by your efforts, super job on the deck.

1 Like

I think you’re being coy. Really well executed.

8 Likes

My first time doing Glass frit griptape

13 Likes

I have a qestion for the the experts here. My Focbox Unity got 12awg wire with an XT-60 on there. How much amps will i be able to run trough there since the unity should technically be able to have 160A continnues current but like damn an XT-60 cant handle that(or can it?). Very confused because i know that the 12AWG wire and the XT-60 are Stock. Anybody got an explenation for me?

No it can’t. It’ll overheat in less than a minute or just flat out die.

For a unity I’d recommend 80 motor/50 battery amps per side. An xt60 is rated for 60a cont ofc, so the small 100a bursts that you will do on a board will be fine. You will not sustain your battery current max for any more than the 6-7 seconds it’ll take you to get above 30mph

3 Likes

So what if i solder on a XT-90. Would that help or would the Silicone wire be a problem. I’ planning on pulling about 50-60 amps max.

1 Like

I wouldn’t sweat running 100 battery amps through 12awg and an xt60. It’s not continuous in real world riding.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Thanks dude

2 Likes

Xt60 is actually only rated for 60A bursts and 30A continuous, but that’s very conservative as far as I can tell and yeah our bursts are very short. It would be interesting to get side by side tests but that seems very very hard to control for

2 Likes

Hey Guys. I’m trying to setup my Focbox Unity for my next build but i cant get it to work. When i’m connecting it to my pc and running the latest VESC Tool version, It says that the Unity has a newer firmware than the Vesc project supports and i need to update it wich is pretty normal in my experience. But after uploading the new Firmware in the firmware tab, i’m not able to connect again. And also the powerswitch on the unity doesnt turn the Board off anymore. So if i Unplug everything, than its back to the begining and the switch also works again. Any Help would be nice. I also have to point out that i have tried the vesc app on my Iphone and the Pc version for windows.

1 Like

The levels of awsome that members here achieve will never stop surprising me. Very nice work,
Sorry im no help, but this is a bump to the top.

3 Likes