NimbleStiff - an experiment

oh really? Mhhh, I have to rethink my life now :thinking:

3 Likes

Great job man!!!

2 Likes

Amazing,

Im doing something similar with a Raptor Pack and a Luke-E deck.

How on earth have you done your skin? looks amazing can this be bought in EU?

Secondly - How does it flex/did you need to increase the motor wire hole or was the size suffeciant?

(Ps any idea what size the screws are for the enclosure lid? mine seem to have vanished)

I can recommend that it’s a bad idea to put extension brackets on this deck.

The deck has no flex.

I believe the screws are m3x10 but @Luke can confirm

You can skin it yourself if you’re committed.

5 Likes

Thanks!

Im going to try rocking a Ronin setup. so hopefully the setup wont flex

Sadly Have a Cast Rear 8mm Rake… and a Prolite front…2.5mm rake both on 45… contemplating just running double cast.

2 Likes

I have used M3 with 10mm and 12mm in length.

RIP NimbleStiff :frowning:

Al, what are your plans for this build now?

3 Likes

Can you easily re laminate something like that with some epoxy? Or is it out the door and on to the next one? I mean it looks like the structural part of the deck is still intact.

Errmmm… the bit that broke was pretty structural :sweat_smile:

This deck is wall art now.

This build is now a completely ‘no fucks given’ type of build and will serve as a beater. Will start thinking about transplanting during the week

5 Likes

I really hope this doesn’t happen to playahaya. Hoping the 2 added layers of fiberglass prevent the famous Haya Split

1 Like

I had fibreglass, carbon and the cloth skin. Didn’t help :sweat_smile:

Around the entire deck? Why can’t I see it in the split?

Nah i didn’t wrap the rails.

I would imagine that unless a deck is specifically designed for these brackets it’s going to always have extra stress in these areas. It’s a totally different distribution of weight. Which decks are designed for them?

G bomb make these style brackets and make decks for them. And other LDP decks. I have a loaded dervish which I have chopped and reinforced with UD CF which goes really well and doesn’t show any signs of damage.

6 Likes

There was no wrap like this? I had X from xboard reinforce the area the trucks bolt to

1 Like

Nah i didn’t do that. In hindsight, i probably should have, but to be fair, i don’t think it would have stopped it from happening.

V2 gonna be ugly :rofl:

1 Like

For my own sake I’m praying that you’re wrong lmao

2 Likes

Its official. NimbleStiff is dead and gutted.

Stay tuned for 2Nimble2Stiff

11 Likes

Guys… To use brackets it should look like this.

Also basic design difference is lack of wheel wells which are the main cause of this faliure.

7 Likes