NimbleStiff - an experiment

taken her out on a ride yet?

Interested to hear how she rides with the narrow front and long wheel base.

Beautiful work too man

1 Like

Soooon. Its alll ready to go. Just need loctite to cure and a window of dry weather or time to head out to an undercover carpark or something

3 Likes

Well. I’m wet.

3 Likes

Well… you are a duck… sooooooooo

:yum:🥸

5 Likes

duck have a gland that produces oil that make their feather waterproof
They cannot get wet

10 Likes

I’m naming you both in my note, just as soon as I can figure out how to grip a pen with these wings…

5 Likes

So after the maiden voyage, the board was blessed with her forever name… NimbleStiff

Incredibly nimble, super stiff and a shitload of fun. The dynamics of the narrow front truck are really cool, it’s stable AF at speed, but still suuuuper responsive, TKPs are a load of fun.

The weird noise that was happening must have just been the belts needing to settle, cos it went away pretty quickly.

The torque and braking power were surprisingly good and wh/km is my most efficient board i’ve built to date.

Really happy with how this project has come together, so glad that the vision became the reality and it works and rides exactly as intended.

Frothing.

18 Likes

Super cool, man :metal:

What bushings have you on there?

3 Likes

Just the stock bushings from SZ.

Got a large selection of Riptide bushings coming for the shop, so I’ll likely have a play once I have a good feel for the board as it is.

2 Likes

Ducks have feet. Their feet are featherless. Ipso facto ducks get wet :yum:

6 Likes

Thats sick! I was wondering how those skins are done…

Still got that raptor deck lying around? Im a weirdo and like the handles. XD not that I can justify another deck right now.

Enjoy :grin:

8 Likes

You really killed that build, great job!!!

3 Likes

Got my wheel settings sorted so metr rings true now. Finished on like 5% battery so thats about as good as a range test gets. 27km cruising, not bad for a flogged out old raptor pack.

Only one mishap… wondered why i couldn’t turn…

Didnt even notice those bolts were there :sweat_smile: easy fix tho and gladly no damage.

8 Likes

looks like those bolts have to carry your whole drive train, no? :flushed:
Would try titan bolts “IF” so :hugs:

They hold the hanger together. Titanium bolts can suck my dick. Steel will be just fiiiine. They just need loctite :rofl:

3 Likes

That would leave big scars on your dick :joy:

2 Likes

You underestimate the strength and hardness of my dick.

6 Likes

Steel is stronger than ti, about double the max tension it can hold. Ti is just wayy lighter.

5 Likes

fair enough :joy:

1 Like