NightTrain | 4WD 6355 BNM1s on Steel BN270s | 10s9p p26A DV4s | Hummie deck

Couple of rides today, and I’ve developed a click from one of the wheels/drives. :thinking:

Busted bearing? Dunno. Think I’m gonna have to pull it to bits and investigate.
@Boardnamics any ideas?
(Edit - it’s not a wheel bearing)

2 Likes

Check the 6900 bearing first, it is the weakest. Thinking about swapping over to genuine NTN 6900LLU bearings for those but man are they pricey. Probably better just swapping in another Chinese generic one.

6 Likes

you can buy skf/nsk ones for reasonably cheap and they are the bet bearings on the market for this sort of thing
packed with grease and they really never fail

2 Likes

@BenjaminF banner:

8 Likes

You sure? This might be the only picture that folks see of your build when scrolling through the voting thread if they dont click through to your build, you might want to choose a picture that shows off the full build. Totally up to you though!

Sweet pic, and sweet build, BTW. I have a hard soft spot in my pants heart for wood-veneer hummie decks.

4 Likes

What material is that?

2 Likes

UD carbon

4 Likes

Work of art!

3 Likes

Fucking hell man! For some reason I got triggered to read this again. I think you out more work into the enclosure than I’ve put into any build.

Quality content there :clap:

4 Likes

Its a fetish for him

4 Likes

Pretty much extreme BillY Jean monster build.
I need a cup of coffee now then dreaming of paradise city :melting_face:
Great work all over.
Congrats dooood :+1: :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

So I’m curious how the braking power on this one feels?

Feels really good
4wd and enough battery currents
:ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah I can imagine on gears and 4wd it must be nice. Would be cool to see a video on stopping distance after hitting a certain speed like they do in cars videos.

1 Like

Wait, i just saw this… STEEL bn trucks are an option? Whaaat

2 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

Damn. How much did a set cost when they were available, and how many sets were made?

2 Likes

Hangers only and I can’t remember price for sure?Limited run, nabbed the last set.
Maybe $200? I got them ceramic coated to stop rust.

2 Likes

Im jealous haha. Oh well, im just gonna go for a set of luna 350’s and tell myself i dont need steel BN’s :joy:

3 Likes

They’re heavy tho. Almost 1kg each :joy:
The Luna’s look super nice :ok_hand:

4 Likes