NEWBEE RTKP Truck!

@Ean.esk8 mentioned in a couple threads a new version of the rtkp that hasn’t been shared yet.

4 Likes

@Ean.esk8 would love to see this happen. Current RTKP is already excellent would love to see how you are planning to improve them!

1 Like

Yes!

I will post the new design next week. :crossed_fingers: Kinpin issue fixed.

5 Likes

kinpin has better clearences now, hanger width down to 310mm (was 330mm)

Could straight-up install on the previous batch RTKP baseplate.

16 Likes

Whoa very interesting

1 Like

we can flip the hanger right for a lower ride height?

1 Like

Hmm would take get weird if we did :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

This is a pretty standard configuration as long as RKPs have existed. The Randall R2 have adjust able rake by flipping the hanger over.

I have no idea if this is applicable to the new rtkp design. It does look as if the new truck has quite a lot of positive rake compared to the last version of the rtkp which was neutral rake (i think?). So if it was possible to flip it, you would probably have a higher bushing stack, and end up with a lot of negative rake.

2 Likes

It’s not even unique to RKP’s anymore. IDEA has it on his SR TKP hangers after i realized SR hangers can be flipped on the bushing seat lol. And having owned a set - absolutely works and is great.

3 Likes

Reverse the hanger will work too, but have to remove the slave kinpin.

5 Likes

Sample in the making.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Aw so if we flip it it will pretty much turn into a standard RKP

3 Likes

Yep, pretty much…but it going to be negative rake if flip over…so less leans.

4 Likes

@Ean.esk8
Has this been addressed? It’s currently the only thing stopping me from grabbing a set of these gorgeous trucks.

3 Likes

I thought about this…but it is really hard to match the design. unless make the hanger as hexagon shape.

1 Like

Hey, all, i just opened the pre-order for the new RTKP, Order it now. We could post it before Jan 24th

$150 per set, $110 per hanger

So far, what i experience on this truck leans even smoother and deeper than the previous!
Was so much fun on the trail. can blast this all day long :wink:

Some clips of the new RTKP

14 Likes

@Ean.esk8 can you share the ride height measurements on the v1 rtkp and the newest design?

I’d like to know distance from center of axle to deck.

5 Likes

Gen 1RTKP is approx 49.5mm
Gen 2RTKP is approx 62.5mm

4 Likes