NEWBEE RTKP Truck!

In the making!! :saluting_face::saluting_face:

9 Likes

Any updates on this batch?

2 Likes

I could get some shipped in this week.

2 Likes

Hay man, appreciate it’s new years atm so not expecting any reply or action. The trucks read as a preorder on the site, hoping thats just a new years thing.

Im hoping to replace an Apex Air front truck in the near future. Happy to buy now as a preorder if i will see it within 3 week to a month time frame for turn around.

1 Like

I don’t know how big his next batch is but my small batch is being machined this next week. I’d have to assume he’s having some more machined with them but they’re all on vacation till the 18th for the Chinese new year.

Long story short, there’s a high chance he can have some to your doorstep within 30 days.

1 Like

So these trucks use a 22mm x 22mm square mount, anyone know where i can find said motor mounts? I know IDEA sells a set but i just wanna see if there are more options.

1 Like

Confirmed to fit 22x22 hangars

5 Likes

any update on lead time @Ean.esk8 ?

2 Likes

Doing assembling atm.

7 Likes

shipping tmoz then? :kissing_heart: :yum: :crazy_face:

1 Like

God why they look so sexy

1 Like

Kinda after a more definitive timeline, are the ones being assembled now a preorder batch? If an order is placed this week, will it be shipped within a week or does a purchase now for part of another pre-order?

2 Likes

It will be ship in a week, i got the stock.

3 Likes

awesome… it’s a happening thing.

1 Like

Very happy with these. Tyvm

1 Like

Has anyone been off-roading with the gen 2 RTKPs? I just mounted them on my 2WD mountainboard but haven’t had a chance to get out yet as it’s rain non-stop here right now. Assuming all goes well I’ll be putting them on a 4WD board next next week. I’ve been super impressed with the original RTKP for road usage but the lower kingpin with the first gen was a definite no-no for off-road. Can’t wait to try these new ones out.

1 Like

I’ve offroading with the Gen 1s for quite a while (did bent bend two kingpins) and have since swapped to Gen 2, they feel really similar to Gen 1 just + the additional clearance. Haven’t really knocked the kingpin much since the swap over so I guess it’s doing it’s job.

ps: you can mountainboard in the rain :slight_smile:

Did you change bushings between the generations given the addition of rake?

1 Like

Thanks for the experience report.

Yes :slight_smile: but a lot of the places I go off-road it’s good etiquette to not go when the trails are slush because it just wrecks the trails once things dry up.

2 Likes

Did have to crank my previous bushings down more, so I’ve been considering going for a tighter bushing setup.

yea fair enough haha, it’s just something I’ve ended up having to do quite a bit here in the UK