NEWBEE RTKP Truck!

Yes

1 Like

More stable

3 Likes

Dang I guess I have to order some now

2 Likes

Really? I wonder why more people don’t run them on street builds. I feel like all I see are channel trucks.

1 Like

Likely because there are few wide RKP truck options that fit on larger carver boards, and channel trucks like Matrix 2s are really cheap. Here on the forum there are plenty of people running Luna RKP trucks, and soon more and more Newbee RTKP trucks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s hard to put rkp trucks on angled tip decks, you need adjustable baseplates

1 Like

I thought Lunas had 0deg baseplate options

2 Likes

Most trucks (RKP, TKP, PKP, NKP, channel) work on exactly the same basic principle

There’s a line about which the hanger rolls that is between parallel and perpendicular to the ground so that as the board rolls along the axis parallel to the ground, the hanger yaws about the axis perpendicular to the ground

That axis is the line between the points of contact for the hanger to the baseplate (pivot cup to bushing for RKP and TKP, axle for channel, bushing to bushing for PKP, ball joints for NKP), and the relative position that line to the deck and the axle to that line will define all of the motion characteristics of the truck, then bushings define the amount of resistance along that path

The reason that channel trucks are so common for carvers is that the fixed axle allows the axis of rotation be closer to parallel which makes it easier to turn but has greater range of motion which is why they corner well and the axle is much lower than the axis of rotation which makes it feel more surf-like

3 Likes

Yes they do,

Def give them a try. I am liking them more than Luna. Rides lower really smooth return on turns. Minimal wobble even when hitting potholes.

1 Like

Ugh runs lower means less clearance tho :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s what riser blocks are for

2 Likes

More stable, sinced we did massive ride experiments on off road, this set of truck could provide more support to reduce the wobbles while hitting something. With slow motion jumping, you could see this truck as stable as the channel truck.

The benefits compare to channel truck & RTKP…is the rtkp has more bushings options, also the pivot cup last longer. Channel truck design had too much stress on the kinpin and rubber seat, after longer term use which will cause wobbles & instability.

5 Likes

The haero they are advertising the trucks on is pretty angled no?

1 Like

Yeah but these are RTKP, they’re unique and have a very low angle, they’re designed for the haero.

1 Like

Ooo I understand now. I’m a little slow thinking.

1 Like

Or just put your damn batteries on the top of the board :stuck_out_tongue:

If you wanna ride around as a top heavy chunky monkey be my guest :joy:

But the only boards I can stand a top mount battery are ones with bindings, if you can move your feet then the battery has to be slung under

3 Likes

There are RKP truck designed for mountain board decks.
Moon skate is a good example: [PAIR] COMPLETE LUNA 350 TRUCK – MOON E-SKATE
You can also buy baseplates that will give you adjustable angle or low angles. Example: Angle Adjustable Baseplate | Boardnamics

Basically total angle should be around 35-45 degree in most cases. (its not a must, people will run 0 degree on the back for stabliity on fast boards for example. range for general use case)

As the mountainboard decks are already angled you would need to find a baseplate that gets you to were you want.

1 Like

I no longer ride without bindings :stuck_out_tongue:
Too many accidents from my non commital feet deciding to bail when it didn’t need to.