NEWBEE RTKP Truck!

Could you please try again ?

1 Like

I will get some axles for gen 3 batch. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yep, works now

2 Likes

You can get a 5 degrees baseplate riser put it in opposite direction…then you have a 10 degrees baseplate. Personally i have tried 0 degree baseplate…it felt super weird.

If you’d like to make you set up more stable, just add the slave kinpin bushings, different bushings set up will bring different performance.

QQ does the truck come with bushings or we gotta grab our own?

2 Likes

it don’t come with the bushings…but our website has some 93a barrel and 96a chubby in stock.

1 Like

Very important information! Why is that not reflected on the website?

4 Likes

Both boards with RTKP and 4GS

6 Likes

RTKP jump test

Rider @TZDKB

9 Likes

Alrighty, I’ve ordered a set and look forward to putting them up against the Apex Airs for off-roading.

4 Likes

Any news on these?

2 Likes

Or when replacement axles for the first batch of RTKP trucks will be available :upside_down_face:

1 Like

What’d you do now?
@rusins

Nothing, I just hate shoulder bolts :laughing:
Though to be fair nylon locknuts in this size also suck, so having 2nd thoughts about it :thinking:

2 Likes

Got my front truck yesterday and took it out for a test ride, Trampa IR in the back.

Don’t have a lot of bushings that work for these now, so I ended up doing two chubbies boardside on 3 washers to get the height of tall bushings and a fatcone roadside, all in APS 80A. Will be ordering some tall bushings.

Trucks ride like a dream! Compared to PKP stability is better while having a tighter turning radius.
PKPs are definitely more shock absorbing though.

I think RTKP in the front and PKP in the back are a sweet combo for street-oriented MTBs.
Might switch to RTKP in the back too at some point, although I’m not sure about the 45 degree angle - I like setups with a 10-15 degree split.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. Mine should be arriving this week and I was also wondering about just trying these at the front. I don’t think it necessarily needs to be even street-oriented to benefit from tighter turning. I go on a lot of narrow paths where bikes and EUCs have a much easier time than a board and so being able to turn tight is important, although there are also other ways to get tighter turning. For example, 9" Mud Pluggers with 4WD is the worst since you have the torque at the front plus the big tire with the square profile so 8" or a more rounded tire helps a lot.

3 Likes

@Ean.esk8 when will these be available?

4 Likes

Wish you didn’t use red loctite on these tiny grub screws, there’s absolutely no reason to.
Lots of heat, one came out, one stripped.
I guess no shoulder bolts for me :frowning:

2 Likes

I didn’t apply any locitite for the pre-production version. That description is for the production version.

PM me. let’s figure out the solution for this.

1 Like

Are RKP trucks any more or less stable at high speeds than channel trucks?

1 Like