Newbee helical 4GS gear drive!

Vaccuum right up next to it, and masking tape a sheet of paper onto the mounting face to keep it from getting around to the back of the can

Not saying everyone should do it, but if thats the situation you’re in, its an alternative if you dont have a lathe lol.

1 Like

You would need a 3mm or 4mm spacer to make it work.

1 Like

Adaptor fit evolve DKP is coming

Also, trampa wheelplate is in the making.

7 Likes

Do these have a thrust bearing for the axial forces because of helical? Or how are those forces adressed?

They use a proper angular contact bearing on the motor pinion

2 Likes

All gears have angular contact bearing to reduce the axial moves.

8 Likes

Thiiiiis close to purchasing a 5:1 ratio

Curious what size wheels and kv motors people are using?

I use 225s/9inchs most frequently, with 2 6374 70amp< 190kv. Typically run a 6:1 ratio which is more than fast enough and great torque

Taking note my experience when using a 4.5 ratio, i had almost no low speed torque.

I’m just apprehensive as I want more torque than speed and a 5.1 ratio puts me at 70 km max (wayyy too much for me lol)

Someone please provide input on their wheel and KV / amp experience ? I feel like this gearset is built for a 12s4p 6inch ride.

1 Like

Yeah you definitely want the 5.0 ratio one. I run 5 on 8 or 9 inch tires. It struggles a little on 9 but torque is pretty decent on 8

190kv motors on 12s

Thanks man, yea was definitely choosing 5 over the 3. Am curious if you could define “struggles a little” perhaps please

1 Like

I just mean it runs into my amp limits a lot and feels weaker than 8 inch, mostly an esc thing

2 Likes

Great to know thanks! Im a broke boii. On this board, im running 2 flipsky 6.7 70a so could just be since they always exaggerate their claims, im pushing limit with 9inch tires. I dont weigh a lot but my board sure does.

Thanks for the input!

1 Like

My setup is pretty much the same. Running the 5:1 on 200mm tires, 12s battery, 190kv motors @ 95A. Acceleration is fine for me but I’m also not seeking race board speed out of it.

1 Like

I use 5:1, 165mm cyclones, 190kv 6374, 12S, 80a/motor

@Ean.esk8 how are these coming along?

1 Like

Will be available tomorrow, waiting laser the logo on.

4 Likes

LOVING these drives! Smooth as butter.
:clap::clap::clap: @Ean.esk8

I did have to make some 3mm spacers because my motor shafts had a small 10mm portion before the 8mm shaft. First I printed some from pla but realized they would likely deform from motor heat. Ended up laser cutting some from birch plywood. Should hold up fine.

10 Likes

Dang just realized my wheels are backwards.

1 Like

Goofy goober🤣 your board looks sick tho.

2 Likes

Brilliant idea!! :joy:

1 Like

@Ean.esk8 Planning on buying the 11/38 Gear Drive, but I have Onsra TKP trucks that mount similarly to the 3DS trucks (20x20). Will the upcoming Evolve DKP adapters fit this size?