Newbee helical 4GS gear drive!

200a, i had them on my drift trike build. Torque is amazing :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Went out again last night and am so far very happy. I can’t remember what I was getting with belts but I’m getting 23.9wh/km.
I’m 95KG running meepo 165mm cyclones.

I’m pretty sure my battery is shagged tho I’ve never been happy with the range I think I get like 8 miles ish? Does that sound right for a 12S4P?

2 Likes

What’s your tyre pressure? also after some miles to wearing in, the consumption will goes down

1 Like

I run about 30PSI, Im not sure its much worse than my belts.

How much have mileage have you done on the drive now? From my experience with two units, it will be tight initially but the consumption should drop down. With my second unit first ride was over 20 Wh/km and has since been as low as 10 but more typically around 13 or 14 depending how I ride.

You should definitely be getting more than 8 miles out of your battery.

only about 10miles so far

What cells? Seems short for 12s4p

6 Likes

Out for Delivery!!!

1 Like

Holy bananas.

I didn’t realize the 38/11 were smaller…

These are so freaking cute!!!

4 Likes

Yes! That’s why I posted earlier showing them next to one another and the Jump Drive. On one board I am running 10S and lower KV with the small 4GS now and because the revs are so low it’s pretty much whisper quiet especially next to most other boards.

Are those the Matrix III clamps?

Yas!!!

Yeah just saw your post in the Matrix III thread. Mine are on the way. I don’t if you know already but @Ean.esk8 said we would probably have to sand down the hangars about 0.2mm to get the clamps on.

3 Likes

He mentioned it.

1 Like

There is a lot of cool shit going on here. I initially just scrolled past the photo, but then the more I looked at it… Wow.

1 Like

Haha we are so spoiled. You have newbee matrix III clamps before the trucks are even officially released.

1 Like

its definitely the most fun setup to dial in. the base plate is as close to zero as I could get its. maybe 5- degrees.

front I think is at 30-35 I think. Gonna hope etoxx or someone else does one for the m3 then I’ll redo this setup again. boards no longer in my possession :frowning:

2 Likes

Well.
I hit a snag today trying to put mine together.

My Flipsky 140kv BH 6374s have a thicker part of the shaft that sticks out too far.
So the motor pinion can’t sit in place…

Damnit…
Now I need new motors…

1 Like

Ah, you need motors ready prepared for gear drives. :thinking:

1 Like

I have exactly 1 set of these left Dm me if you would like em otherwise all other motors in stock

3 Likes