Newbee helical 4GS gear drive!

He says “If you are planning a DIY build using mountain board trucks and gear drives, I think 4GS is the best option now.”

4 Likes

An uninformed opinion, I think, but he happens to be pretty correct

5 Likes

Yeah it worried me a bit when he didn’t add loctite to literally anything when he assembled it, and the only one he showed as “optional” was blue :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s his first gear drive besides the meepo one I’m pretty sure, so he doesn’t really know what he’s saying

3 Likes

Almost every video of his has some issue like that in it, either his enclosure is flimsy or his material choice is odd or… Stuff like this.

3 Likes

Read the entire thread…Pulled the trigger and got the 5:1 with 10mm D shaft. Going to use it with Flipsky 63100 190kv. Hopefully the motors won’t overwhelm the geardrives. Shipping to Canada was $48 (ouch).

3 Likes

They wont your good : ) is it a street board?

Yeah mostly street with some mild offroad

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll be fine with those motors. I love
My 5:1 gears

2 Likes

The shipping is expensive, but newbee stuff shows up in like 2 days. It’s black magic. I don’t even know how it’s possible.

3 Likes

You’ll be fine. I have 6384 190 kVs on the 5.0 drive and 63100s, lower kV than yours, on the 4.0 (3.45) drive, and in both cases with a lot of amps, and it’s all good.

WRT shipping, I’m in Canada too and actually I think especially considering how fast it arrives through Fedex, the shipping cost is actually not bad and is actually less expensive than ordering through Apex via DHL or Trampa via UPS.

1 Like

Sure he’s possibly not familar with some of the other DIY gear drives but I believe he has at least one board with Trampa Spur Gear and he reviewed the Acedeck with the gear drive and the planetary drive Ecomobl/Telum boards.

Shit dawg you got a deal. I’m used to twice that in fees for basically anything I get from down south.

They charged me $98 import/shipping for a set of onsra 115mm. After shipping had been paid in the purchase.

I gotta figure out a way to soften this blow.

1 Like

I was/am still considering buying that Acedeck NYX Z1. I really like that board

2 Likes

If you’re in the US and you somehow manage to break it, I’m the guy who fixes them :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha that was one of my first boards DD Onsra (gen1). I got those rubber 115mm wheels too. They’re very sticky but switched to Cloudwheels Discovery 125mm for weight saving and clearance.

1 Like

At the cost of a contact patch and grip? Your call m8.

Your here you might as well build one instead. : p

Going to test this soon!

750kv 5894, 8s max5, with 165mm racing tyre!

Torque and speed should be good😋

Uploading: TG-2022-12-01-135637442.mp4…

7 Likes

How many amps are you letting those babies play with?

And why is your tire backwards?

3 Likes