New Lacroix Model -> Nazare

I can’t tell you how hard it’s been not to throw my money at you guys.

The board looks amazing. I can’t wait to hear more reviews.

2 Likes

As others have said the board is just amazing. The amount of power and the smoothness of the delivery is very addictive. It just keeps going and going to the point where you almost feel like the remote throttle doesn’t have a hard stop. So easy to control though. Trucks are incredibly stable at any speed and it loves deep full body carves. I’ve been riding mine for the past few days and I can’t stay away from it. The new deck is fantastic and gives you all the confidence you need to really lean hard into your turns. I rode my friends Proto today and it was fun, but the deck felt cramped and the lack of concave was immediately evident. This deck also gives you much more confidence over rough terrain as you know your feet are just locked in. The board just eats rough roads up and asks for more.

So power, speed, stability, carving, range, and polish. If you put a gun against my head and told me I needed to complain about something I’d tell you that the charge port could use a better cover. :joy: The board is fantastic and I’m so excited (and lucky) to be able to go out and ride it whenever I want. The lights are a great feature as well. Gets an A+ from me.

17 Likes

So if the Nazare is a 10 where would you rank the first gen (DSS50/60)?

2 Likes

A bit tough to compare them directly like that, but maybe a 7 for the Proto if the Nazare is a 10. The Proto is substantially lighter/smaller and does feel a bit more nimble at lower speeds, but as soon as you get moving at around 20mph the real differences start to show and the Nazare really comes into it’s own. I couldn’t believe how comfortable the Nazare is while cruising around 30mph. It just feels so well sorted at speed. The Proto would get some strange vibrations at those higher speeds that led to a bit of instability. It just never really felt super planted in the way that the Nazare does. The stability that the Nazare brings let you carve at speeds that you simply wouldn’t be able to on the Proto (where you’d be straight lining keeping the board in check). The Nazare just has this excellent feel that comes closer than anything I’ve ridden to emulating that holy grail of snowboarding in powder, something about the weight and the smoothness of the hypertrucks. Just feels really substantial and satisfying. Hard to explain. It’s the kind of carving that leaves you really tired after a day of riding (in a good way). They are both great boards though.

9 Likes

Gonna jerk off at her rite now

2 Likes

There goes the resale value @Rojitor

5 Likes

Going from stock 12a Charger to a more manageable 6a Charger without messing with enclosure and original jack :grin:

Look at Nazare stock charger next to torque board 4a Charger :grimacing:

8 Likes

Hadn’t been here in a while, glad I snuck a peek! @cptclutch thanks for the kind words, I could toot my own horn all day trying to explain exactly what you said but it’s always great to see others appreciate all the hard work.

As for the charger, we sell the 8amp charger separately (the one that comes with the Jaws) which is a little smaller. But what I love about the 12amp charger is that you can really top off quickly (approx 1V per 10 min on Nazare, 20min on Lonestar). So if you’re stopping 45 min it literally puts you back in the game (I’m thinking group rides and cat&mouse sessions here).

As you might surmise, we did not look at the size of the charger as a metric. The only thing that was important was to charge as fast as possible without damaging the cells.

Of course, if you know that we are going to be at an event, you can 100% be certain we have a Lonestar for you to try. Also, you are all always welcome to Montreal. Riding with people who actually know how to ride and push these boards is one of my favorite (the favorite?) things in the world.

@Rojitor that made me laugh/spit my sandwich

12 Likes

@CiscoV That charger is gigantic.

2 Likes

@torqueboards Able-bodied is how we say it now I believe.

7 Likes

@Arch I’m gonna need to try out your board one day…never get a chance as I’m scared of lending my board with binding to someone who doesnt know what to expect out of my board. People are too scared of my monster

Oh stop it

1 Like

8a Charger would be perfect for group rides. Mr @Touch_V and I had the pleasure to drain our boards down to the ground during a speed demon ride in sf last Friday Real world range with a 165-170lbs rider while hauling ass up n down nasty hills keeping up with the flow (plus providing a little bit of towing assistance @Kellag) was 30 miles. She was still moving on her own by the time we made it to our destination
Last 3 blocks were a 5mph race to death with @Touch_V all for bragging rights!
We both made it

6 Likes

Was a good night

3 Likes

@CiscoV, Could you make a write up in here or in pm on how you like the New Lacroix?

Hey I know this is an old thread but I’ve only had my Nazare for a week or two(bought @CiscoV’s). But this is hands down my favorite board I’ve ever ridden. And I’ve ridden everything. Pretty much every high end diy part there is, I’ve had it or tried It. Every detail on this thing is perfect, and while it may look like a hot dog, I fucking love it. At 6 foot 2 inches this is the first board I can finally stretch out on. I can’t get enough. Thanks for the awesomness @Arch.

12 Likes

@Kellag I like that I can open it and it looks familiar, like some cool dudes said, “fuck work, let’s put these diy pieces together Coherently and get that bread, maybe toss in a lil big dick energy just to be sure, eh?”

5 Likes

Haha agreed, when I popped it open I was like alright I know the pieces they just do it cleaner than I do

3 Likes

I kinda hate/envy all the owners of these boards…

5 Likes

I felt the same way about missing out on the prototypo group buy.

3 Likes