New Lacroix Model -> Nazare

@Arch just sent an email with some more info. I really like that the deck will be longer (For my height it will be more comfortable) and everything else is aligned with improvements that I thought would also make sense to the V1:

10 Likes

I like it !! Can’t wait to see a real photo :star_struck:
200b4ef92ed7d57f63cfc016ac8ca651d79d471f2
The shape looks good too !!
It sounds like the LaCroix Familly bring some good quality thing once again.

Is the truck’s design to add the 4000lms in it, a bit like Metroboard style ?

10 Likes

Very noice @Arch :wink:

2 Likes

Please let this be UL certified

1 Like

Wait. What?

Import thing?

UL can fuck itself eloquently.

6 Likes

Just hoping it’ll be UL certified so that i’ll be able to get one here to Singapore. We have laws that ban non UL certified electric powered scooters, skates etc by 2021.

1 Like

Holy hell. That’s what I feared.

The idea of trying to run an electric skateboard through UL’s greedy racket gives me anxiety. Such a terrible PRIVATELY OWNED organization.

4 Likes

Yeah its a process is a bitch but it is what it is if portable electric mobility is ever gonna play nice with governments I guess.

2 Likes

Really curious about the truck design. Also, I wonder if they will sell just the deck and enclosure like they did with v1

4 Likes

Governments have the option to recognize and work with comparable regulatory & testing licensure agencies that don’t operate like an old world mafia organization. UL just has a chokehold on certain industries and governments. ETL is a great example of an organization that is doing things more open and aligned with other global agencies.

Obviously I have strong opinions about UL. I have dealt with their bullshit for well over a decade at this point.

2 Likes

ETL would be a great option. Faster than UL and tests are actually done to UL’s standards.

1 Like

Exactly! The testing is all done through the same NRTLs anyway. Just different middlemen.

Anyway, new board looks incredible. This might be the first production board I pick up.

8 Likes

My thoughts exactly lol

4 Likes

Nice changes/differentiation from v1 without total product revision, excellent go to market

2 Likes

Same here. I might be sending it to your place though lol. Shipping from Canada attracts all kinds of levies. No idea why. A buddy of mine bought the v1 and it ended up costing over 5 grand aus by the time it arrived. All the Perth boys got their deck/enclosures through without any hassle though so its a mystery.

He did try to explain it but I got bored and walked off.

4 Likes

I thing you need a special permit to import LEV (in Australia) with battery bigger than 99whr. We suppose those restriction are in place to benefit locals companies.

2 Likes

I can order and receive stuff from the us,uk and asia no hassle. Batteries included. Canada though just seems to be a nightmare. I may see if they can do me a roller without the battery.
Not just yet though because I have bought all the things lately and the wife is getting a bit pissy.

1 Like

Ordering things into Canada is also a hassle(compared to other places like the US)… Almost always have to pay full duties, taxes, etc.

1 Like

Inbox

twice as tasty probably

9 Likes

It might actually LeSag in the middle?

12 Likes