New Lacroix Model -> Nazare

Exactly. It really sucks you can’t get that deck anymore unless you get it second hand.

1 Like

Sender has some stock. You want it senderized anyway. Not just for looks since I hear they tend to sag over time.

1 Like

lol they play one time a year at my work, did lights for them 4 times now :joy:

The deck permanently sags over time?

1 Like

Yeah that’s what they said themselves.

1 Like

Yeah. That might be the case over time and a couple of thousand miles. I rode a couple of old protos for about 1k miles each with no issue.

Only because you’ve never ridden @longhairedboy’s Witchblade.

I’m potentially the fattest person on this forum if you ask my peers, I’ve not noticed sag in almost 8k miles on my board.

I’m also perched upon it like a tiger though so maybe it’s the lack of locknee cowboy riding.

Yes, you all look bowlegged and stupid standing like that. I said it. Fight me.

10 Likes

It didn’t take long for you to finally admit that.

7 Likes

There ya go. 8k miles n shit still tipping

Idk why people believe everything other people say without proof

Most people who have a strong opinion on 4wd having turning issue most likely they’ve never owned or even ridden one. Yet they have very strong believes

10 Likes

Welcome to my struggle on this forum as a wannabe research scientist & engineer.

I’ve built 2x 4wd and ridden about 5 others. Currently building a 4WD DD.

There’s an impact but I’m not sure it’s necessarily a negative. It just feels like cornering on a much heavier board, ie my 2wd 42lb carver.

5 Likes

Thank you man. I love you for being reasonable and actually have proof of facts.

Yes. 4wd takes a negative impact but not anything that will make you not wanna grab that bitch and go have some fun with it. The heck. At the end of the day you’re supposed be on the board. Not the board on you right.

Some other comments I’ve heard and fucks assure that 4wd cuts your top speed by like 2mph. That’s a semi truck load of shit. That I can say :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I guess my point is that it’s pretty subjective. I think most people who jump on a 4WD might be reacting to a much heavier board than they’re used to. Most of my boards are 30+lbs at this point -yet I’ve jumped into @evoheyax’s 4wd hummie board and it felt light and nimble.

I can see where this would be possible but ideally you should never design anything that is pushing all 4 motors to max duty cycle as your max speed. Given manufacturing variance between same model motors even, it’s more ideal to shoot for something like “90% duty cycle is my target top speed”. Which leaves you with margin above/below on each motor.

Again, subjective, and just based on how people pick parts/spec their boards regularly, not many boards are actually designed with intent to a specific spec.

6 Likes

Dude, just saw this. Thanks for the love - we did put a lot of effort into it, improving every single part of the Prototipo. Glad you are enjoying it. I’m back to analog snow carving right now - can’t wait for the weather to clear to take it out again :wink: Also, I’ll make sure to come see you guys in Cali this year, long overdue. Perhaps 2 bird it with Carve PDX at the end of July.

9 Likes

Would be great to ride with you again Alex. Colorado was bumping.

You gonna bring anything new and cool to show off again?

4 Likes

Always :wink:

6 Likes

Oh oh, make a “cloudbreak” board. Speed and in a deceptively small package :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I’ve never even ridden a electric skateboard but love snowboarding and wanted to be able to experience it all year. So I bought the nazare lonestar, it should be here next week. I can’t wait, but I’m curious if I should look into bindings to give it a more snowboard feel. Opinions?

8 Likes

Absolutely yes but get comfortable without them first. A tumble in bindings on road is no fun.

That being said, get mbs F5s. They’re the best and you can carve so nicely.

8 Likes

Like hospital ER dept level of “no fun”.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to dismount the enclosure before you start drilling holes for the screws :joy:
Ride it out before you add the bindings. I have a feeling that with the grip tape, you might end up loving it as is.

2 Likes