New HW from the focbox team.

new version of the FOCBOX motor controller

It can be configured to run dual motors or a single motor depending on what firmware you load onto it. In this test, we are running 120 motor amps into a single motor using the VARI-ESC firmware.

9 Likes

Is that just an epoxy potted unity…

20 Likes

gets some popcorn

15 Likes

Was just about to say this but went to check the builders forum first to see if there was intel before I said anything

8 Likes

Yes. He has to change the name considering everyone knows the FocBox to be produced by a scammer.

A scammer that still owes me a couple grand unfortunately. Still butthurt. :wink:

18 Likes

Looks more resistant to moisture and contamination.

2 Likes

still a unity and if something pops, there is no way to fixing it

3 Likes

But Water-cooled motor Bros

7 Likes

It’s surprising how long it took to get to 80 degrees

I have to wonder how long it would take to get there in varied loads from a dual motor setup. Looked like that thing was only pulling 12 battery amps most of that run…

5 Likes

It’s amazing how he seems to not even mention where he got the super single unity idea from…

16 Likes

Did he mention he was using Vari-Esc ?

4 Likes

I did not post the fill discp. but I did include that part

2 Likes

Oh I thought that was your observation of the video an not the actual description. At least he gives credit to the software used.

2 Likes

I like that he doesn’t know when to quit. This weak sauce might have turned heads 4 years ago. Next announcement Raptor Electric Surfboard that’s a new community that doesn’t know I am super dodge.

6 Likes

holy fucksticks.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Reminds me of images - 2021-03-10T164703.132
Cough Cough Japanese Fleshlight…

5 Likes

There is no way of fixing it regardless. Product support ended a good while ago, remember?

3 Likes

of course i wasn’t talking about product support, but those wizards that help to revive dead esc. with a pot like this, its most likely not fixable anymore even if the wizard knew how to fix the chip itself

3 Likes

Put a bit of wd40 on top and between, easier to rip off i think epoxy loses a lot of stick with fatty substances.

2 Likes