Picking a builder - picking a board

Oops I pressed the wrong button and withdrew the comment that Venom was replying to. I’m not sure how to undo that this is what it said:

I didn’t realize the unity is not respected. Hopefully it works well for me but either way I’m glad that I will be able to switch it out some day if necessary which I wouldn’t be able to do if I’d gone the Evolve or hobbywing route.

Unity is fine. Don’t sweat it. There are some issues but I’d run one with some visual inspection. There’s one in my daughters board.

1 Like

It’s respected. It’s a very good ESC, we just hate Jason Potter. Your board is great and you’re right about this

For us, $400 is a rip off because we already invested in learning how to do it ourselves + tools. For someone who has neither I think $400 is very fair especially with good after sale service. I think you’ll be very happy with the build.

4 Likes

what is this other new controller you mention he’s selling? …couldnt see it on the site

Tonka or something similarly stupidly named

4 Likes
1 Like

ahh ok

cheers

1 Like

ftfy :rofl:

3 Likes

Well I heard back about why I don’t have a tracking number:

Demon 2.0’s are built to order and have a lead time of around 3 weeks. We are working on the board at the moment, but we are currently out of batteries. The next batch from our regular supplier is not scheduled to arrive for around 2-3 more weeks.

We can do two things: Either wait for them to come before finishing your board, which would mean it would ship it around 3 weeks. We could also instead get a custom pack made from a US based supplier, which would probably mean you would get the board in around 2 weeks.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

My response:

Wait a minute what. Where on your website does it say these boards are made to order and have a lead time of three weeks? Are you saying three weeks from last Wednesday? Three weeks for now? Or we wait two to three weeks for the battery to come in and then the three weeks begins so six weeks in total? Why did I pay for three day shipping again? I literally thought the whole point of ordering from you guys was that you have the stuff on the shelf.

I’m feeling blind-sided by this.

If we go the US-made battery route that gets me the board in two weeks are you asking me to pay more for that?

If I don’t have to pay more, and I’m being given the option of waiting two weeks or six weeks obviously I choose two weeks.

The missing conditions and then the lack of communication and now this makes me wonder if I’ve made a terrible mistake.

Did you get a response?

If your ready for better. If the internet trolls don’t affect your decisions. Check out a Psychotiller! Maybe you can join me and the boys. We cruise at 30mph. With bursts beyond 40+ and some. I do it, so I back my words. No BS. Just a thought. Check us out. I really don’t think it’s a waste of time to see. Even his cruiser/economic boards have to do 30. My name is Ebz, I’m Psychotiller’s test pilot. I ride every one of these builds. For safety reasons. Your call

Im surprised u r not dead yet, or r u the replacement due to the last test pilot suddenly goes up in flame?

2 Likes

are you constantly surprised?There is me. There has been me for longer than your Weak trolling has annoyed the web. Come see me. I will tell you the real story of flames. You dillude yourself with banter. Why? ?? Brah no act up!

Manuwela

If the internet trolls don’t affect your decisions.

About Psychotiller- They ain’t trollin for no reason. He confirmed, himself, that he screwed people over, so I wouldn’t blame anyone for trollin him. People change and I hope he did, he seemed to be trying to set things right last I saw. I wouldn’t start your first post dyin on that hill though. It takes time to rebuild trust. Just my opinion.
OP, hope you paid by credit card and are ready to do a chargeback if things don’t go your way. If you can’t wait, ask for a refund. If they refuse, advise them that you will do a chargeback. Be prepared to move on. Good luck.

2 Likes

Tell them you’re gonna charge back, they should answer quickly
If they don’t, you know what to do :slightly_smiling_face:

I got a reply on Tuesday. They are covering the cost of getting this us-made battery and promise two weeks from Tuesday which means just after Easter.

1 Like

we have all seen how Dave built those batteries. meh, might as well link it here

https://forum.esk8.news/t/bill-gordon-is-a-fucking-pussy/47476/28

The same Dave also made the thread if u will

2 Likes

Dudes just tryna flex like his trucks

1 Like

Ebz :joy: @mccloed Can you confirm this guy ISNT real :upside_down_face: