New Flipsky fsesc 6.7 70A?

There is a new esc being sold by Flipsky, what do you guys think of it?

I’ve been looking into buying a new single motor esc for a while since my last 4.20 broke, at first look this looks like a good option that isn’t very expensive?

What is your take on this?

(Link to product)

3 Likes

There is also a dual version, which I may be interested in to make another campus cruiser board.

It looks very similar to two singles put together:

1 Like

Flipsky has always been hit or miss for me. My first board went through 3 in a year and a half. I think they are only good if you need something cheap and only plan on using ½-⅔ it’s power rating

7 Likes

Motors I’m pretty happy with
but esc I’ve ether had them serve me well for years or not even do one mile … total hit or miss

3 Likes

Im about to drop a review on the Flipsky Smart 4.2 and im very impressed with it. I dont have any experience with flipsky ESC’s before this but at least this one is very good

9 Likes

I just saw this and am thinking of getting one to help a friend with an ESC swap from a hobbywing. I wonder why the dual 6.7 costs $156 whereas the dual 4.20 is $178 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I think this is the main issue with Flipsky, they for no reason put ratings that aren’t really suitable.
Their rating are correct, only with a drop through heatsink. Most people don’t use one, so they blow. Not sure why they put 13S ratings on their 60V products either.

If you knock down their stats 3/4ths, they’re still good value, and reliable.

3 Likes

I think this may be the reason why my last one broke, I might’ve pushed it a little too hard, I’ll make sure to be carefully and look into some heatsinks this time if I get this option

3 Likes

The ones I’ve had last have not been ‘pushed’ and all were on 10s

I think I’d feel a little nervous trying on 12s

2 Likes

2 reasons I can think of: their new products are often introduced at very low prices to get exposure through click bait videos and/or “buy” a reputation for great value. The less cynical answer is the products based on mature hardware have run into serious supply issues so they redesign around new suppliers and availability

5 Likes

… a more cynical your getting discounts for being ‘v1 customer testers’ :joy:

4 Likes

Yall probably wait to see Lee’s review before purchasing but I am optimistic about it too

Flipsky has had some solid reviews in the past, people with thousands of miles and no issues, but you can’t ignore the many people that have had failures. I’ve heard the 6.6 versions are quite solid, but this new one I think will hold up much closer to their actual ratings that they put on the site versus the old ones.

5 Likes

Both my 6.6 FSESC dual and 4.20 singles (upgraded resistors) are still running strong. Your mileage may vary.

7 Likes

How hard do you think you could run that dual flipsky vesc? Maybe like 70a each side?
Edit: Wait, does flipsky mean 140a for both sides? I guess that would make sense considering their single version is 70a rated

The question is, are all the ones in that batch just as good as serial number whatever that you got?

2 Likes

For the record, the two Flipksy Mini FSESC 4.20 in the Green One have had ZERO ISSUES and I ride it all the time. But I also run them at 10S and 21.5A battery max per ESC.

3 Likes

This is always the issue with being sent stuff to review and it’s something I have touched upon in the video. I can’t answer that question in all honesty.

2 Likes

From my side, i jus ordered the dual one with a good promotion on aliexpress (€155)

I have the 6.6 and issue. I think flipsky is not new on this market and after they sold sufficient quantities the price will increase significantly.

With the actual price of components, it is maybe time to try or regret after

1 Like

Agreed, even 1/2 the rating…depending on the available cooling.

At 70A it’s creating at least 5W of heat. Even more if the BEC is being used. That is a LOT of heat for such a small setup.

The connector layout on these looks very similar to the new hobbyking esc’s :thinking:

1 Like