New Flipsky fsesc 6.7 70A?

Welcome to buy from Earktech to have special price, US $75.59 included free shipping, FLIPSKY 4 13S Lipo ESC Speed Control Mini FSESC6.7 70A base on VESC®6.6 with Aluminum Anodized Heat Sink for Electric Skateboard|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress(the link will be deleted if this is not allowed to share here)

Here is the review I was talking about. I was lucky enough to be sent a couple of 4.2 Smart ESC’s to review so I did my best to cover all aspects of it including thermal testing

7 Likes

Did you get Trampa’s permission to make that video, Lee?

6 Likes

Who?

In a slight plot twist Ben Vedder did help me with some of the VESC tool nuances for testing dual motors with the FOC_openloop command, which was really nice of him.

9 Likes

I just purchased a FS6.7 70A to temporarily replace a TB6 I accidentally fried. It’s going in a 63100 single belt drive. Once I have a chance to test it out I’ll let you guys know how it performs.

Edit: the plan is to run it at around 40amps from a 12S4P 30q pack.

2 Likes

Enclosed the product size picture and wiring diagram here for your reference:
f7d7c897f798fc44c391847188c3ac79_1800x1800
f4b3da9554de4e60ffd11b8edcb16ff8_3fc3b389-2d87-4cb6-890e-a1d3a3f879c2_1024x1024

I bought two to replace my 6S car esc on my Willozboard. I’ll say how they perform too.

When you’ve been used to 12S for years, you can not get back to 6S ESCs…

1 Like

Okay now this is what I was talking about when I mentioned an alright ESC for an alright price. Now just wait for a sale for the dual version to go for 120-135$ and its mine.

Why not two singles? Especially with Flipsky…

1 Like

I guess it does make sense to have two, I do already have a can bus cable… I just like the uniformity of having a single ESC visually and in the VESC tool. We will see… I do need to change out my BMS as its 80a max regardelss so even my 4.12’s are bottlenecked.

In the VESC Tool it would be the same as two singles.

But, physically, if one ever breaks, you’re double-screwed if you bought the dual.

2 Likes

For real? From my experience… connecting to the secondary esc via bluetooth is very unreliable :confused: I need to open up the bottom case and connect using a cable :confused: I think i figured out why but still…

If you are connected to one ESC, you can connect to the other using CANBUS forwarding. Without moving any wires.

7 Likes

Yep this is what I do on all my dual escs too

1 Like

I guess I was sort of spot on with the Black Friday price. Two singles come to about 130$

1 Like

Hi,

I wanted to add my experience with this esc to this thread because I had previously mentioned that I would. I’ve been running one FSESC 6.7 on CAN with a TB6 (both on 5.1 firmware). It has held up well so far after around 250 miles. Run at only 40 amps on an all terrain build using a 12S8P 30q pack. Low amps, so maybe that’s why I haven’t experienced any thermal throttling. If anything out of the ordinary pops up I’ll let you guys know. :grinning:

2 Likes

what is the max amps, you think I can run at.
I have a single 6374 belt drive with 10s4p p42a

I run two of them at 12S at Battery/Motor max current 70A.

No issue, as with all Flipsky ESCs I have bought (7).

I bought them at 70 EUR one. Great price for the quality!

4 Likes

Thermal-wise those perform great! Awesome to hear they’re a good inexpensive contender.

3 Likes

my plan is to run a single fsecs 6.7 with a belt driven 6374, with a 10s4p p42a. What kinda of amps should I be setting my vesc at?

1 Like