WILLOZBOARD RELOADED : a RC ESC 6S to VESC 12S conversion

I bought the WILLOZBOARD in 2015. It was the second RTR electric mountainboard available in France.

First one was BEERIDE Dirt Cruiser. Il was expensive. It was shit. Everything got broken.

The WILLOZBOARD was very nice at the time. A few years ago, I changed the TURNIGY SK3 6364 245KV motors to MAYTECH 6374 190KV with internal hall sensors.

Yet, I tried to ride it again a few weeks ago. It didn’t make it. You can’t use the trigger as you do with 12S builds. Certainly because of strator saturation issue, it suddenly slowdown when trying to pull too much amps. I can not have fun riding it anymore.

I was waiting for small ESC based on VESC6.

And Flipsky released their FLIPSKY Mini FSESC6.7 70A!

I know here FLIPSKY is known to make shitty ESCs.

Yet, I own and use 5 Dual FSESC6.6 with big caps (without built in anti spark !!!) and 3 Dual FSESC6.6 Based upon VESC6 Mini Size (without built in anti spark !!!). I didn’t have any issue with any one of them. I don’t know any one who wins lottery every time he tries………

So I bought the FLIPSKY Mini FSESC6.7 with Aliexpress and then avoided high shipping costs + customs fees with DHL.

I removed the WILLOZBOARD HobbyWing XERUNS and replaced them with the FLIPSKY ESCs. They look very well done. The soldering job appears to be great, what I always experienced with FLIPSKY products.

They were about 1 mm bigger than expected so I managed to cut original back plate and asked JohnSteel a new aluminium back plate to put upon.

That’s the way it looks now. It’s quite light. I use ASA25 chains here. Maybe I’ll replace them with ISO-06B if it breaks too often.

I transformed original 6S Lipo pack into a 12S Lipo pack. It was easy because it’s made of 2x 6S Lipo in parallel. I built two other packs, using the same HAMMOND 1550 aluminium boxes. You can fit 2x ZIPPY Compact 6200mAh 6s 40c LiPo Pack inside.

I’ve ridden this build only few times but everything works well. I feel TRAMPA deck are really nicer with not too heavy Lipo pack in the middle.

Those ESKATING.EU (Maytech) 6374 makes a screaming noise at 12S! Gear ratio is 10/45. Max unweighted speed is 60 km/h.

12 Likes

5.2 firmware. +25% throttle curve. About 80A motor/battery amps.

I think I’ll get back to ACKMANIAC firmware again. I always feel I have less power with official firmware.

3 Likes