New Build, looking for some guidance

Ohhhhh, I didn’t think about that. I’ll keep that in mind. The deck is probably going to be the last thing I order because I want to keep looking locally for a used one

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a hard modification so you should be good!

Unless it’s only needed for 9” :thinking::thinking: you’ll have to ask Justin. He has that deck for his Space Invader build.

Still need to add an enclosure, bearings, and a helmet to the list! Last one is very important, especially for mountain boarding

1 Like

Forgot to mention that I’ve got some different sized Pelican knock-off’s for an enclosure.

Bearings? I assumed the wheels would come with them and I have a few extra sets in my shopping cart for when the need arises. Should I add 4 more sets to my cart? Also have a couple extra sets of motor bearings in the cart for when they’re needed.

Helmet, yes. I’ve got some :wink:

Doesn’t neeeeeed it for a belt setup. My new friend had one uncut and I tried to make it bite and couldn’t get it to. Gear drives it would definitely need shaved down.

2 Likes

Ohhhh makes sense. But it does look better cut :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Definitely. It looks quite snowboard like in person

2 Likes

Lmao, noted. Definitely don’t want something that needs modification

1 Like

Good catch, I’ll be on the lookout. I’ll add some XT90’s to the cart also. Everything else is covered

Should I use the optional 16T motor pulleys the motors can come with, or should I order some 15T pulleys separately? Or both, for fine tuning depending on how the board feels. It’ll be 4.5:1 with the 16T, or 4.8:1 with the 15T

I would stick with the 16t and see how it feels. No need to spend the extra money if you don’t have to. It’s a good idea to get other similar things like that, or bolts that you may need, or different sized heat shrink etc… but it adds up quite quickly and you almost never use any of it besides what you essentially need in each of those categories.

1 Like

Fair enough…

I’m planning to place the order with Flipsky and MakerX today. I decided to also throw in an antispark switch, just dont know if I should go with the one from MakerX, or one from Flipsky.

I know this is overkill, but it doesn’t hurt…

This one looks great, it’s much more compact, but they use XT60 and it’s rated for much lower current…

You’ll want this antispark from flipsky, controls the slew rate instead of adding a whole bunch of mosfets in parallel to switch the lowside (Fails eventually). I run 2 of the linked to great success and the design is from @Gamer43 on the forum so thats something too.

1 Like

Gotcha, added to cart.

I know this might be a dumb question, but does this truck kit come with two trucks, 4 wheels/tires, 2 mounts, 2 pulleys? I’m trying to place the order, but I just want to be sure it’s got everything I need. The price tells me no, but the pictures tell me yes. Flipsky support isn’t available to answer right now…

1 Like

Truck kit comes with: 4 tires, 2 trucks, 2 pulleys, 2 motor mounts(I assume the crossbars are included) and 2 belts.

1 Like

Thank you much. Order Placed

1 Like

I think @Evwan can vouch for the MakerX

You absolutely should get your battery from this forum and also post about it before you buy so we can chime in. The last thing we want is a preventable house fire.

5 Likes

Yeah, makerx has good ESCs as it seems, stick with the DV4 unless you can afford a DV6.

This. Trust me, we don’t want to see you end up with this:

1 Like

haha ayy I know everyone in this video

1 Like