New Build, looking for some guidance

Haha just recently saw it. Shits crazy, hope the guys ok?

1 Like

Yeah, it was a modded uni with a shoddy pack.

He’s fine, those guys don’t skimp on Armor, usually…

3 Likes

I can afford it, but do I really need it? I do wanna leave plenty of overhead for future upgrades and safety, but I’m cheap lol

I made the mistake of cheaping out many times. If you can, get a dv6.

1 Like

Oh god

if you go the lipo route, don’t cheap out, you’ll burn the house down

also be aware that most chargers are dc only and require a power supply, though some exist with built in power converters, albeit at lower power output.
always follow balance charging, etiquette? safe practices

charge at 1C whenever you can, stop use when there’s excessive puff, never charge the batteries when they’re warm to the touch, use the balance charge function, NEVER charge out of sight, store the batteries at 3.8V per when not in use, never go above 4.2V per (though i’ve had a very wild case that went waaaaay above, it’s not the end of the world if there’s a cell at like 4.21 or something, but avoid 4.25 or greater)
there’s probably a couple things i missed, but those are the most notable things i can think of atm

i always recommend isdt chargers

3 Likes

I like the idea of charging etiquette, plugging the pack in with a tip of the hat and keeping your elbows off the table

Okay, orders placed…

Just to reiterate:

https://imgur.com/gallery/JcbpoVI?fbclid=IwAR2y4wN-KpFDTge1RY8GKFWM1eZep8cOZPi3OpnP8eLJvLPml6jFjL7a3bY

I’m gonna start lookin into batteries and chargers now.

I sent out some DM’s to the various battery builders here on the forum. I’ll let ya’ll know what I come up with.

Any recommendations on chargers? I’ll likely get Ii Ion, but possibly LiPo

liion, any 50.4V charger will likely do, but i’m not the expert on that

lipo depends on a few things, how long you’re willing to charge for, the size of your packs, a dedicated stationary charger, a more portable solution, etc

as i said before, any isdt will do, though most require a dedicated psu
expect the price to be anywhere from arrrround $60-80 to roughly $3-400?

I’m plugging battery values into the calculator and I’m not sure if I need a 12S5P battery. It’s saying I’ll have a max speed of 43mph 77kph speed with a 50 mile 81km range, using P42A cells.

10S4P seems more reasonable with a 40mph 65kph speed and 33 mile 54km range.

I could even go for a 10S3P battery that specs a 40mph 65kph speed and 25mi 40km range

Again, I love the idea of overkill, but I’m being cheap.

Ah, I realized isdt is a brand, I thought it was a type of charger lol

the values from the calculator are usually a bit fenerous, i’d assume you’ll probably hit ~35-38 and a range dependant on how yoh ride, but it’l l probably be closer to 30-40ish miles? probably a bit less with pneumatics

1 Like

That seems pretty high for pneumatics. Are you sure you have your energy use set right? Usually pneumatics are in the 20-30Wh/km range.

I wasn’t sure what to put there so I left it as the preset value of 11.2. Lol doh! I also forgot to update the wheel size.

It’s looking a lot more like I’d expect now.

a 12S4P pack will take me 18 miles (29km) with a max loaded speed of 38.5mph (61.9kmh)

1 Like

Out of the messages I’ve sent, the response from @A13XR3 is my favorite lol. No offense to the other guys lol.

We are talking about a 12S5P pack using P42A 21700 cells, but I’m still not 100% and may opt for the 12S4P… Who knows…

1 Like

we dont im afraid man :face_with_thermometer:

2 Likes

No worries. I opted for the MakerX DV6.

Oopsied the order with MakerX and submitted it twice lol.

Also oopsied the Flipsky order and opted for motors that don’t include pulleys, then forgot to add other pulleys to the cart before submitting. Yes, I can be this inattentive in the real world too, lmao

Sent them both emails/messages to clear it all up…

2 Likes

Anyone have any input? Here’s the specs:

Sorry, @A13XR3 I didn’t know it would show your whole message from our conversation. Hope I didn’t leak your new product idea :upside_down_face: