New Build Kit Board 150mm Flat Profile Tires

Blew the tube right when I started getting super carvy lol. It went 15 miles just fine to light carving.

What are some good quality metal hubs I could use with these wheels?

Do you want to stretch it or no?

1 Like

Not really

I added some additional links at the bottom of that premium metal hubs thread. The BN GT3 hubs only add a bit more stretch, less than the Hubba-hubs I’m currently running. So, I’m thinking that might be just the right amount for these tires. Anyways ordered some and will see

2 Likes

Do you know of any metal hubs that have the evolve hub 5 bolt spacing/pattern?

Not sure. Why’re you looking for that pattern specifically?

1 Like

There’s a couple custom pulleys I have fabricated and sought out that are Evolve pattern.

1 Like

Purely a guess but maybe the Trampa hubs with 5 bolt patterns would?

1 Like

@Razillian @fujio001 The Hota tubes are now holding up after covering them in tire talc. I did also spread the powder inside the tire as well. Did two 12 miles sessions last two nights, hoping this means it’s good to go.

3 Likes

Are you still running them stretched?

4 Likes

Newbee m1 rims

5 Likes

Had my first flat on one of these tires, valve stem ripped off

Only made it to about 20 miles

3 Likes

Yeah still running them stretched, waiting on some GT3s.

@ShutterShock yup the valve stems don’t look like they’re attached very well. You got farther than I did lol

2 Likes

Ya this was in a Tanuki hub too haha

The tire blew and then the wheel cracked shortly after

2 Likes

Actually I’m slightly surprised the hub cracked. The sidewall is so stiff I was able to ride for a bit before noticing, and get back home on it lol. Did you hit a crack or something?

1 Like

I have no idea when the crack or blow happened exactly.

I did go over some railroad tracks and I suspect it’s possible it blew shortly after. But then I think I rode at least 2 miles before noticing

Any valves separating from the tube will be replaced. Working with the OEM on another shipment of updated tubes.

It is recommended to put talcum powder on the tube to help with the friction.

8 Likes

Hey Jared, thanks for the reply. How shall we request replacements? How do we know that all of our tubes aren’t just gonna shear off?

7 Likes

Good question. I have 3 sets of tires myself.

2 Likes