New Build Kit Board 150mm Flat Profile Tires

any issues riding with these tires on the Hubba hubs?

I havenā€™t had any issues personally besides the carving being too rough. But tire talc has taken care of that. From certain angles it definitely looks too stretched, but from other angles it looks fine. There might be some wobbliness going on, but it might just be road conditions and I still havenā€™t balanced them.

4 Likes

What sort of speeds do you notice the wobbling/ vibrations at?

2 Likes

Probably starting in the 20s, canā€™t say for sure, but my board can only get up to 30 mph max.

3 Likes

I suspect balancing will help quite a bit.

1 Like

Alright tire talc didnā€™t save my tube. Itā€™s always the back tires. Maybe its the Hubba-hubs and being too stretched. Going to move to BN GT3s and see how that goes.

2 Likes

BKBs on @Boardnamics GT3s. It feels pretty good on these hubs.

14 Likes

What PSI are you running with that combo? Looks amazing.

2 Likes

Running 40-45 PSI

1 Like

Contact patch looks great on those wheels

5 Likes

@BuildKitBoards do we have an update for tube replacements?

In general or if your valve stem tears? If the latter, I believe you just reach out directly via e-mail.

1 Like

For valve stem tears. Iā€™ll email them directly.

1 Like

I asked 29 days ago and no response

Granted, I have not attempted to email him.

1 Like

use email, they have a real customer support system with inquiry numbers and tracking, your question will not be lost in a forum.

I love the tires, the tubes have issues

5 Likes

Yup theyā€™re bad. Send them an email for new ones. I hope they upgraded the tubes they use

What are we thinking is a good source for tubes? Backfire Boards 4 pack for $15?

3 Likes

Yeah looks like Hota which have a much better chance.

3 Likes

Ok same thing just happened again 40 mph, dislocated pinky. Iā€™d suggest you replace these, I had a close call with a car