New Build Kit Board 150mm Flat Profile Tires

How stretched are they compared to a ‘normal’ hub?

1 Like

I never put them on a normal hub lol. Let me do that this afternoon. I’ll edit this post and throw up some pictures for comparison.

Would you mind snagging the inside hub face width while you’re at it?

For the Hubbas? I think @tomiboi posted it somewhere…

1 Like

The site says 58mm but I don’t know if that’s the inside width or the outside width

2 Likes

What are we looking for?

Inside width of the hubs, I’m guessing from inner lip to inner lip. Which is I think what your measurement is for right?

2 Likes

The inner-width is 52mm.

2 Likes

@ZachTetra here ya go, the normal hub being an evolve 6 inch hub.

9 Likes

I didn’t read but have you ridden the tires not stretched? Wondering if you feel a shock (raised cracks, debris, everyday crap) difference between stretched and not.

I find that not stretched I tend to feel EVERY thing I ride over.

I love the look of them stretched. Makes them look more like a car tire. Definitely pulling my wife’s back out.

1 Like

I can’t say for sure cause I haven’t ridden them un-stretched. But I will say compared to rounded un-stretched evolve tires they are harsher. I think it’s the nature of these tires because of the stiff sidewalls.

1 Like

Got a width on the Evolve hubs?

4 Likes

Width: 45mm, inner width: 34-35mm

Damn so that’s an 18mm stretch

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, it looks pretty uncomfy for the tire to be stretched that far, like it wants to pop the bead almost

I do think they can be brought in a bit. Which is why I want to take hubs similar to the evolves and print incremental spacers, then send final width to send cut send. But I’ll keep riding them for now and see how long it lasts…

2 Likes

What’s the best way to get the tire to seat on a rim when stretched like that? Noobish question. Is it as simple as pumping up the tube and letting it push the tire out? Figured there would be more than that. I just got some Etoxx V2 hubs that are 60mm wide so I’ll be stretching some tires a bit myself

I use this Amazon.com
Its what’s recommended by Land Surf

3 Likes

I use the same.

1 Like

Efff just tore through another tube, Hota, tonight riding with @Shadowfax. Going to try this talc powder thing and if that doesn’t work maybe try going back to standard width rims. And if that doesn’t work man idk.

1 Like