New BLDC motors

i was even confused about the crash video, and couldnt figure out at first what he meant. At first i thought he was comparing motor sizes :joy:
and that a bigger motor has a better chance to survive a crash than a smaller one, thats all.

1 Like

I was in that video lol

6 Likes

It’s confusing because it’s not actually footage of the board crash. The crash happened in the rear, where there’s no video footage. You only see the aftermath of a motor getting dented and completely locked up in the rear, from the POV of he who ate shit because of it.

2 Likes

I know that, bc im some kind of secret facility manager in here the last year hahahahahaha
…theres not that much that passes me ahhahahaha

2 Likes

I grew up with the english language, so it’s not that hard for me. :smile:

So Jeff here are most common trucks we use

• SurfRodz TKP
  • SurfRodz RKP
  • caliber style ( Torqueboards 220, Boardnamic 220)
  • Trampa spring truck
  • MBS matrix 2
  • kahua trucks
  • [add]

If I forgot one this is a wiki so just add it above.

Also Jeff I might want a big motor but I don’t think red is the right choice. I know it will match the neoBOX but I don’t think everyone wants a bright red motor. Maybe add other colours? That would be great!

8 Likes

There are only two real colours that motors should ever be… Chrome and Black.

16 Likes

waiting for the day when we can get transparent motors

4 Likes

For colour we make matt not gloss.

6 Likes

I think is can be possible if make from PPA.

4 Likes

wow 老板太牛

maybe something for future :+1:

1 Like

Red is red :wink:
I agree with @glyphiks that chrome (silver/raw) and black is great. If you want to have blue and red to match neoBOX then please add black as a 3rd colour for everyone.

Black
Red
Blue

I think a lot of people would be happy with that

6 Likes

dont you talk bad about red :joy:

5 Likes

Also agree black should always be an option, blue and red would be interesting for boards with a fitting colourscheme

2 Likes

Raw raw raw. Bring it back.

5 Likes

Folks, in the grand scheme of things, color is nearly meaningless and it can be changed.

Longevity in harsh conditions and durability are the most difficult things to acheive.

14 Likes

I’m still wondering if there will be more than 1 Kv option per motor size. @jeffwuneo ?

1 Like

i need mine pink bc im pretty.

4 Likes

Why 10mm shaft for 6050? Bigger shaft means smaller bearings

3 Likes

Agree

Smaller bearings means faster wear; more failure

I’ve personally never seen reports of a broken motor shaft, but tons of reports of broken bearings and have had motor bearing failures myself about 3 times.

4 Likes