New BLDC motors

Could just be a 10mm shaft spun down to 8mm outside the can. I’ve seen that plenty.

(point being, the 8mm and 10mm shaft could use the same bearings)

1 Like

Maximizing the size of the balls inside the bearings will increase the longevity

4 Likes

We using two bearings and is fully sealed high quality german bearing.

5 Likes

For now we just make one kv per motor.

4 Likes

6 Likes
2 Likes

bookmarked!! Thanks again

1 Like

Most outrunners have 3 bearings?

Bigger bearings are still better though!?

2 Likes

Most have just single bearing at front of shaft.

2 Likes

Wll you have 1 large bearing to support the can? Prevent it from touching the stator? (Like Maytech 6880 and 6396 or SK3)

1 Like

Does it need it for such a small motor?

For a small motor, maybe not, but I’ve had a lot of my motors eventually have the can scrape against the stator, and I dont’ like it.

3 Likes

I share design soon. I think friend can like this motor :slight_smile:

10 Likes

So Jeff how much would it cost to do a run of these with titanium cans l asking for a friend :wink:

Which kind of titanium you want. I think is overkill. 4mm thick aluminium is very strong.

4 Likes

It’s overkill but some folks would love to have a set with that heat treated oil slick finish.

2 Likes

I think can do but would be too expensive maybe $250 each motor.

2 Likes

Oof yeah I mean that’s not crazy considering what some of us are willing to pay but a bit steep for a group buy, is it possible to do like a coating with grade 5?

We can do many coatings, but which kinda of Ti you wanting? Because material is expensive would need to making a big number.

Yeah I don’t think it’s practical unless enough people on here want it. Would look very nice though :sweat:
images (3)

2 Likes