New BLDC motors

Hahahaha… This is beyond the point of my post, but yeah, you’re definitely not American :stuck_out_tongue:

We have for profit prisons lmao

No definitely not.

no im not american, and i know about your prison politics and that prisons are private for maximizing profit.
Edit: so what was the point then? sorry that i cannot follow.

only this?

Okay. Will try to put simply

In that video, a motor was hit

That is why crash happened

Motor got badly bent from getting hit

Because motor had been battle hardened, bend did not ruin motor

We unbent dent from motor

And motor worked like new

If not battle hardened, motor would have been ruined.

Let me know if anything isn’t clear

Motor was being protected by solid steel bar too.

Solid steel bar got bent, and motor still got bent.

2 Likes

Is no need extra epoxy. Is because use bar magnet and thin so can so can easy breaking.

3 Likes

yeah i totally got that, but then you just have a weird way to describe things you are up to, in case of your first post about.
Just a hint for battle hardening had been much clearer imo, but no worries, all good.

We expect our motors to take very much abuse, more than is reasonable for a motor

You say you can have more reliable motor that sounds very good!

Honestly with the new firmware that’s just now starting to be around, I’d prefer sensorless designs. Because

• less things to fail
    and
  • can put more motor into the motor without taking up extra space for sensor assembly
5 Likes

Sensor only take small space for motor. We cover for epoxy so can protect against moisture and dirt.

7 Likes

4 Likes

imo sensorless is much better for light boards, but on that heavy stuff its good to have sensors. Much more comfort in stop and go riding.

His posts made sense to me :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

ich habe ja gesagt dass es eventuell an der sprache liegt, aber wir haben bereits alles geklärt.
…and i was jk kidding about the slower speed by using them smaller motors than american race kids use, thats it, so no more misunderstandings about that.

3 Likes

Just wondering if there will be any colour options? also shaft length? :thinking:

We think for make red (big motor) and blue (Small) like neoBOX :slight_smile:

11 Likes

You make oil slick motors and I’ll sell my first born for a box of them @jeffwuneo

IDK why that replied to you lol @AngryTrucker

6 Likes

It’s understandable. English is pretty fuckin retarded if you weren’t born into it. Trust me, I almost went to nationals in spelling bee. Don’t push your kids into spelling bees lmao.

@jeffwuneo , I will have faith in your judgement of the longevity of the motors. Just keep in mind that these things get seriously abused, and there won’t really be any forgiveness from some of these hooligans if you market them directly towards esk8 and they can’t take it.

@jeffwuneo , you might want to ask @b264 about his history of shaft retention issues. He has some pictures floating around of how he’s tried to fortify against this. I’m sure it’s something simple to incorporate into your design

6 Likes

I was, and I still dont get it. The rules don’t make sense.

5 Likes

Yes, esk8 as a transportation tool basically trashes every component very badly. Especially in the winter in places that get snow.

Maybe in southern California using esk8 as a toy only, the thing might last forever

5 Likes