New BLDC motors

@jeffwuneo this sounds very interesting.
What is the maximum voltage and currentthey you are aiming for? Any chance you can share a quick render of the planned design?

Oh man, Iā€™ve got some pretty strong batteries that paired with the neoBoxes, should be able to test these :smiley:

I share more detail soon. We still not all in factory yet so need some more time. But we aim for 12S and 80A for larger motor. Small motor is 12S 50A.

6 Likes

Nice. Will motors have temp sensor. Also any idea of price.

1 Like

Yes. 120 degree sensor with temperature also. Price not final yet.

3 Likes

80A for 6050 size sounds awesome.

Is motor KV going to be set to those values or will there be multiple KV available for each size?

maybe yes, but i dont know for sure yet.
I will pm you when i need them.

What if a suspiciously tall German dude hits them with a board the size of an American teenagerā€¦?

Gotta think of these things ahead of time Jeff.

@Tamatoa get zinc-aluminum flake coated hardware from McMaster. Will never rust.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip dude, I will look those up.

1 Like

I think with 4mm thick motor it can be ok :ok_hand:

2 Likes

i think nothing would happen, bc this german dude you talk about is not able to catch up with this tiny little motors compared to the boards and motor sizes american teens ride. :joy:

1 Like

I dunno. The only way it got to the motor was by breaking straight thru the solid steel crossbar cageā€¦ Battle hardening saved the motor from becoming hundreds of pieces and allowed the motor to be salvaged and live again.

@City-Blade-101 itā€™s probably me but I donā€™t actually understand what you just said in the slightest

@Tamatoa

Theyā€™re niceee.

1 Like

Not?

maybe i miss understood, bc maybe of language barrier.
Sounds to me that you mean, if the german guy rides Jeffs motors and hits accidantly an ā€œamerican teen likeā€ board, it will end up bad and for sure not for the american teen, bc them kids got much bigger boards and motors.
And all i said was, this will not happen bc the german tall dude will be just much to slow against the teens, bc he has a much smaller board with much smaller motor.Because of he is to slow, we cannot crash into each other, bc the german dude is riding far far behind. Got it now? Easy.

Ahhhā€¦

Yes, the language barrier is causing issue.

The video is rider front perspective of his board being hit from behind by the second picture in this link

Bent crossbar, dented motor. Motor had to be physical bent back into circular shape, and was saved because of battle hardening. Otherwise magnet wouldā€™ve been cracked beyond repair. Can wouldā€™ve probably imploded more as well because it didnā€™t have epoxy bracing.

yeah, but i think you are bit over sensitive in this case, bc if you crash into each other, or someone is hitting you from behind, it will always be over, and in worst case scenario not only for the rider of the weaker board.

1 Like

Yes, but in this case, it wasnā€™t over. Motor was saved because it was battle hardened. Wouldā€™ve been trash if it wasnā€™t. That is my point :+1:

material means nothing against health, so what?

Is not all for size. :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh FCUK NOā€¦ just quitā€¦ please!!!

3 Likes