NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

2S4P with low profile bolts is most compact you can get with NESE system. Shallow bolts are not better but they save you some, over 5mm

2 Likes

Sorry, I know this has been covered already, but I am still a little confused on the hardware. If I order a 10s4p hardware kit, will that work with 2S4P modules?

The hardware is the same, the modules just have connector on both sides. You will only need more nuts and bolts.

You dont need extra bolts on hardware kits. You would need them buying separate hardware sets.

1 Like

Wander, what is the oldest NESE on the skateboard used today?
Anyone?

mine is a year old and some change.

1 Like

I am looking for a 10s. I don’t have a particular number for parallel but the longer the range the better. Is there a way to have them built in long vertical strips that can run down the edges of the board. Is all of this making sense?

sketch it. always better that way.

Hopefully this helps. I want to build a 2WD with 10S motors. I want to use a dropdeck because I love the feel of it but I am concerned about the size of the battery down below. I though wiring it like this would be pretty slick.

There are measurements on the page that you can look up under resources.

I must be going blind because I’m not seeing it.

https://18650.lt/index.php/resources/

2 Likes

Just want to say this is genious and blowing my mind right now

4 Likes

Overall measurements are also on product page. Select module and under Additional information you will see dimensions. For all 18650 modules height and width is constant, H=22mm, W=74.4mm

1 Like

Thanks. If you had the system in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

First battery finished using NESE modules. The concept is simple and works great. I think next time I need to work out a module at least 2mm thiner while keeping the same dimension for the rest.

15 Likes

Looks good and really solid. Might have to try these. Also, loving those raw cans on your DDs.

5 Likes

What I found is that if you print in alloy 910(pretty stiff nylon) and add wall curvature like I did. You don’t need a lid. Even PETG does that with a bit thicker side wall. That will bring the height down to 19mm.

But I realized in the grand scheme of things, what really is 3mm of ground clearance. You could as easily cut 3mm into the deck and not change a thing.

For people using an enclosure the height itself is a non-issue.

1 Like

I also notice thst the lid on my case is only to keep it close and maybe in place. The compression is already rock solid with the bottom. 3mm in integrated decks is a world changer :grin:
But in the module I use which is based on yours the lid doesn’t add height anyway. I would like to design on with the same height of the cells.

1 Like

Yeh they are hot blueing steel. Basically a bullet. So heavy though :joy:

1 Like