NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

I just realized that I’m short by just 1 18650 tab set, anyone able to sell me just one set? Might not make sense to buy from 18650.lt

Thanks.

It will cost you 12.22€ with shipping.

Low profile fasteners are in.

~2.7mm tall which makes 3.3mm tall from enclosure.
You could reduce it further without serrated washer to ~2.7mm using some threadlock

13 Likes

aaaannddd it everything i was hoping for and more

really great job!

1 Like

Forgot to add, when will i be able to order some of these and the 27100 tabs?

1 Like

These will be available in couple of days. It will be an option to choose insted of original one’s. Tabs are on its way and should be available sometime next week.

2 Likes

Have you considered using halfnuts instead of fullnuts on the modules In order to make it even lower-profile?

1 Like

I did but it was hard to have reliable source or it was too expensive. I could save 1-2mm but nothing major. My design was intended for ebikes, motorcycles, LEV’s and never thought it will be used on skateboards.

2 Likes

Thats completely understandable.

Conductivity barrier danger Will Robinson

1 Like

The threads arent what makes contact with the batteries, its the tab on top, so threadlocker wont affect the conductivity
:smiley:

3 Likes

Exactly. Thats where the problem lies with vruzend. The current flows through threads. On mine bolts just clamp

2 Likes

Shame on me I remember now

I’m giving up on the 12s8p, double stacking would be too fat:

I will probably add a few more series groups and use this pack on an ebike.

I have another 12s4p pack that will be used for this build so it’s single stack.

8 Likes

Is that 21700?

Shallow screws are now available.
I have received some 21700 cells to test fit modules. The fit is nice and all works great.
8P comes at 715g fully loaded so expect similar with 2S4P.

12 Likes

Guys, i was thinking of making short unprofessional videos on things like small tutorials, news, tips & tricks. By unprofessional, i mean not edited. I simply have no time for that but having camera with a phone makes it handy to record and upload in no time. What platform would you suggest? Is instagram really 24h and then content is gone? What would be good to reach the crowd?

5 Likes

What’s the problem with YouTube?

1 Like

I dont know. Imstagram allows to post photos and scribbles

So 21700 hardware is here and is available starting today. Complete modules are on demand as i have to build stock and evaluate what products are main-sellers.
On this occasion 10% discount for one month. Use 21700 code when purchasing.
21700 modules will use 21700 series bus bars when mounted back to back (surface with the greatest are) or 18650 series bus bars when mounted side to side (mostly on flat scateboard builds).
This will eventually be fixed and 21700 modules will use 21700 series bus bars in any orientation.

8 Likes