NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

Wow, those cells are expensive, why didn’t you go to 40T?.

@Agniusm, what’s the spacing between the cell center 21.3mm in the 21700 tabs? I need that to modify my boxes to be 21700 capable.

@magharees and @mishrasubhransu, 21700 files are up on thingiverse so print samples and check the dimensions. Its still work in progress and might change but should be close
Series bus bars will be different, larger. I have to check the dimention from the module side if its the same spacing on x and y so they could be stacked both sides

2 Likes

I am restricted to 4p with the enclosure I have, I wanted the best high capacity 2170x cell that stayed cool at high discharge,

The discharge rating/capacity is superior on the p42a, iirc the 40T is liable towards getting hot at high amps @ the price is the same pretty much.

3 Likes

Patiently awaiting the new 21700 NESE modules (and low profile fasteners!)

3 Likes

@Agniusm, can I order the tabs now?

Not yet. They are made but they have milky plating surface which i cant except. I am receiving 10 worst samples to see if i can replate locally.
There is always some sort of issues to deal with when you manufacture in Asia.
P.S. I have also made stulid error and now the die is made so 2 series bus bars are needed. If you stack modules side by side, old 18650 bus bars are needed and if you stack them back to back - new 21700 ones. It will work fine bit i would rather have it all sorted out so i am in the talks of they can amend the die

3 Likes

First part showed up. Looks good

Tomorrow evening receiving tab samples to see if they are suitable or need remaking.

4 Likes

Is that the compression foam?

Yes. That’s foam.

@Agniusm Do you happen to have scraps or cutoffs tabs for 21700 cells? Making a 10s1p so I was wondering if you’d have some cheap 2p tabs

@Agniusm I’m looking to build a 12s4p . Where can I find the dimensions for something like that? Also I cannot get to the complete modules on your website. There are crazy pop up ads that won’t allow me to see anything. Please help I’d like to place an order.

There will be no scraps for some time. 2P wont be scrapped as it will be equivalent to 3p 18660. 1P, sure but later
ATM 50 18650 1P sets available for 10€

2 Likes

You can get them on thingiverse. Look for 18650 user, all there to download.
Could you email me pop up add screenshot as i am getting none so might be some malware

If we order these, will they come exactly like in the picture? (8p, screw tabs on both ends) https://18650.lt/index.php/product/n-e-s-e-tab-set/

If so, we can cut them in half and have two usable 4p strips right?

yes. would be terrible wastefull also on @Agniusm side, making everything more expensive.

What do you mean?

If we buy one “tab set” will we get this like shown in the picture? (two strips. One with foam, one without foam. )

If so, it’s theoretically possible for us to cut in the middle if we are making a 4p pack? (And cause zero waste because both halves are exactly 4p)

Yes, that’s what I do with 18650 tabs

2 Likes

@murdomeek
Yes. That was the intention, to have as little waist as possible. You can make other combinations too.

2 Likes

Small update.
I have received sample tabs. I have assessed them and i think they are alright. They have dull look compared to 18650 but its perfectly fine as i seen leaf bus bars same.
The scratching i was notified about is visible on some tabs and is purely visual plus nipples have none.
I will be instructing to ship them to me and i will probably have them in a week or so, give or take.
Just a note, for the time being, they will use 18650 series bus bars when oriented side to side and 21700 tabs when oriented back to back.
I will start getting pricing ready next week. For now i have to finish dealing with hacked website.

4 Likes