NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

How does a nese pack flex when connected by the nese series tabs?

Like a chain link if you do not overtighten

2 Likes

I have some off cuts which you guys can use as terminals by soldering wire to them. If you would ask for them in the note i could throw in some free of charge.

2 Likes

@DAddYE, you were asking about the files on the on the other forum. For 5P the files are already in my thingiverse link that agnius has shared above. Let me know if you need 4P. I’ll make that for you.

17 Likes

Not sure if you started but what are the dimensions of a 4p block? Looking into my options for the haya.

2S4P and 4P modules respectively.

6 Likes

I was looking for a 3p, if too complicated I can edit the step file myself.

You the best!

Not complicated at all. I have them all in terms of equations. Just change a single number. Also you can’t just edit the stl files because the walls are curved in a particular way to help with the compression.

I have two questions for you though:

1. 2S3P or just 3P?
  2. with the protrusions for mounting using dampening standoffs(like in the battery pack) or just plain ones seen above?

BTW, if you don’t already have 3P tabs, I can send you brand new ones. I have them from making 5P pack(8-5=3). Cost will be 3/8th of what 8P tabs cost.

2 Likes

I would say 2s3P, with protrusion (I can cut them of if I decide to not use them). Sure I’ll get the tabs. PM me the details. Thx!

1 Like

parametric modeling, MY MAN

3 Likes

No, @Agniusm is still working on them, I guess. I want my next build to have 12S4P 20700/21700, but need the tabs first. Agnius what’s the status of the tabs?

1 Like

As i announced, mid summer, july 15th but i am not sure if i will make it. The dies are being made atm so its moving towards the goal :slight_smile:

1 Like

21700 hardware should be almost on time. I would estimate up to 2 weeks being late. First modules will be sold to order so expect some delay for building them. All print files fill be updated to my 18650 thingiverse profile.

5 Likes

Can I pay you now to get the very first set of the 21700 tabs? What’s the largest size tabs do you have now?

1 Like

You’ll be fine, i will have some. 8P is what i have now and 8P max will be the 21700 tabs.

2 Likes

What is the equivalent of 30Q in 21700/20700 format?

1 Like

40T is the popular one, but myself and moon feel the Molicel p42A has better results. Cheap enough on fogstar wholesale

I’m close to buying 50

3 Likes

agreed. but the performance is rly close, i would take the Samsung, because they are a bit cheaper.
Gotta do an update to my battery calc. 21700 are starting to get into the greenish zone.

2 Likes

In about a month there will be an option to choose low profile fasteners. Overal height: tab - 0.6mm; series bus bar - 1mm; locking washer - 0.6mm bolt head - 1.2mm; Total from the enclosure - 3.4mm

4 Likes

I bought 50 molicel p42a which I plan on using in a Trampa 12s4p build. Already have Chaka’s cell holders printed but your news has me considering changing the pack.

So you think you could send me the design of the 3D printed case before the tabs arrive to you, in order to try some test prints and prepare?

@mishrasubhransu maybe you have something?

These cells were expensive €300 so I would like the NESE system if ready in time.

2 Likes