NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

Bro. :joy: :joy: :joy:
A+ response. Nothing else needs to be said.

10 Likes

I never said any negative things about themā€¦ Your modules are amazing thatā€™s why Iā€™m using them, was just asking a question about sizing. The metal tabs are a cool design, just not worth as much as it would cost me to ship them here, that is if international shipping is even an option. Iā€™m surprised you took that as an attack on your work :worried:

1 Like

You misunderstand :man_facepalming:
Iā€™m not comparing your work to bare metal, I was saying thatā€™s what I need to complete your modules

1 Like

Agnius is only making money through those plates. If you buy printed cases from him you canā€™t produce them cheaper if you calculate all costs. So if you take away the plate money thereā€™s no profit left that pays out for him and the development of these. Its like Metr Pro, the modules by themselves are not worth the price but the bundle with the software makes it worth it.
edit: If you want to save that money why donā€™t you try @Winfly modules? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3574040

7 Likes

As someone who has worked with these modules right from the very start and have made several boxes around the original design, I can tell you that is well worth the price. And this is coming from a guy who is usually critical of the cost of electric skateboard in general.

You might feel like you can come up with something better and cheaper but you are going to have to put so many hours perfecting and working out the bugs that it wonā€™t be worth your time. But if you want to start a project around developing something similar, sure, give it try.

BTW, international shipping to USA is just $10.

1 Like

He doesnā€™t have the 26650 plates made.
I would need to wait for him to make some, then for testing, then pay. Doesnā€™t make sence at all from my standpoint. Of coarse I want to support his work. If I was in the EU, and using smaller cells, then yes, they would already be on the way. The NESE system is more robust than the compression cells holder

I did not take it as an attack, i took it as an insult.
ā€œand paying 70$+ after shipping for metal tab inserts seems quite silly to me.ā€
I dont know how else one could understand your words
They are worth every cent. The whole design hangs on them. They are main component and plastic enclosure is just byproduct. I could have just sold complete modules, shared nothing, supported no one. Now i spend a lot of time supporting and advising customers down to wiring BMS. You dont buy metal and pay 70+ for metal. You buy package, choice, support, return policie and no hassle transaction.
I work and what i do seems reasonable to majority, and i want to be paid. If someone comes and wants just to take take take, i refuse. Its as simple as that.
If you think its silly or too expensive to buy, you take whatever is available and work your way on your own.
It is how i do it.

19 Likes

Dude this is the second product that Iā€™ve seen where youā€™re demanding that the prices are too high.

Scratch that, I just found a third one where you were complaining.

6 Likes

Excited for the 26650 size! It should also be fairly easy to modify the CAD to fit 26800 cells as well right? (Just longer in length). You donā€™t need to do a whole new product line, I can just print the cases myself

I got some of those QB26800 cells from the group buy recently and this would be perfect for them! Canā€™t wait for those tabs <3

1 Like

Anyone know or have luck fitting any NESE module 18650/whatever size into a hummie deck? I feel like this is a dumb question.

Im sorry Ive attending you, I didnt mean to. I didnā€™t know you had this as a large time consuming business, Figured you laser cut them yourself and sold low quantities. I didnā€™t know that the sole thing you capitalized on where the tabs. I was excited about the new modules, and getting those tabs takes time to bring to market, just wanted a way to make some, not a way to insult or rip you off. Again, Iā€™m sorry and apologetic if you took it that way man.

3 Likes

The DDs do cost a lot. I wanted to know how ppl justified there fairly large cost. If you donā€™t push to get info and just tippy toe you wonā€™t get anything. If u want to talk we can talk in a pm if u want :confused:

1 Like

It has been done, not sure what effect the routing has on the structural integrity of the deck. Check this out: WTS [San Diego,US] Hummie Deck + Enclosure $160 +shipping

Yes mate, its simple. When i have them, i can sent you the right width stlā€™s. My parts are done in quarters then mirrored and all assemblies update on that so its just a matter of entering different length and it all updates, only stl to be exported. 2s job.

3 Likes

I am taking a step down on this. You are good. I think you understood where i am coming from. I bet you understand that i have some mouth to feed and if i am doing this, i cant be doing something else at the same time to get income and time is constant we all have to live with, it does not stretch. There fore i have to make business from it. Never pushed anyone to buy from me as there are other option to build batteries. Go vruzend, they are cheap, but then again, you get what you pay for.
The tabs i am making are die punched and pressed so they are all precisely even. I you Rogers advanced elastomers for compression which are also die cut so they do what they suppose to for many years. Laser cutting means manual stamping and that would cost many times more. I have done that in the beginning of this endeavor and its hard work and lasers cost a lot cause you need fiber laser as CO2 does not do non-ferrous metals(mostly). You can put braid or whatever you want and call it a day but the tabs i sell are designed for a specific purpose.
All i can say, the 26650 is in the making and if/when you will get hardware from me, i will be happy to provide any CAD you need for your project for mutual benefit.
Someone was buying tabs to build a battery and you have to help people as much as you can, be it 3D printing or something else. Just an example, and i get a lot of questions from different people.

8 Likes

@Agniusm Iā€™m thinking of building an external 12S8P battery pack. Itā€™s mostly an experiment. In case it doesnā€™t work out, Iā€™d like to be able to convert the 8P modules to 2S4P. As I understand, if I order the hardware sets and the 2S4P enclosures that should work fine as 8P. Iā€™ll just have redundant bolts on one side. Converting to 2S4P is then a matter of cutting the tabs. Is that correct?

Edit: On a closer inspection, the 2S4P housing has a divider that prevents the 8P tab from being installed on one side. It seems it wouldā€™t be difficult to remove the divider from the model if youā€™re not a 3D modeling noob like myself. Does that model already exist?

Its possible. You still need the bolts as 2SXP modules use 4 so you would have 12 8P enclosures with 24 bolts (12x2) or 6 2S4P enclosure with 24 bolts (6x4).
You can cut away divider with flush snips then use utility knife to plane the surface where tab goes or scratch that and put tab with foam on that side and foam will even it out.
You can cut tabs with shears(the ones that have small teeth cuts best). For 2S4P you need to cut 12 naked tabs in half and 11 foamed tabs in half leaving one full tab for mostly used flat battery pack.

1 Like

Thanks. After more thinking, I realized I could wire up pairs of 2S4P modules in parallel, effectively getting 2S8P modules, which would be perfectly useable for building a 12S8P pack. Just connect 6 of these in series. No need to do any hacking on the modules. Do you see any problem with that? I guess Iā€™ll just need some extra series tabs to use for making the parallel connections.

1 Like

Only have in mind that for 8P you will need 12 x 2S4P modules :wink:
Then you parallel 6 x 2 modules and then series them .

1 Like

@MYKC, I am posting this here so that itā€™s visible to more people. Also maybe @Agniusm can clarify.

As far as I know
4P+4P, 8P and 2S4P are the same box, but

1. 8P has the tabs connected in between
  2. 2S4P has one tab cut in-between
  3. 4P+4P has both tabs cut in-between

But I donā€™t see the option for 4P+4P on the website. So @Agniusm, how should people order from your webpage if they want to make 10S4P battery(I am assuming 1x of 2S4P box and 4x of 4P+4P box)

2 Likes