NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

That’s exactly how it is supposed to be. It is supposed to be there so that you don’t have to make connections from the outside like you have done, seen at the bottom of your image.

As for ordering info, @Agniusm, maybe provide some image so that people know exactly what they are buying.

2 Likes

Dude, I didn’t fucking order a 1s8p.
You tell the customer If you are changing their order. Period…

4 Likes

He didn’t send you 1s8p though. 1s8p would have two long tabs with no cuts in the middle (they don’t exist).

You got 2s4p x1 and 4p+4p x5, which is exactly what you need for a 12s4p battery.
Can you draw a schematic of how you were planning to wire a battery?

1 Like

@tipsy what do you think a 2s4p is? It’s a 4p+4p…
And yes a 1s8p does exist, it’s a 2s4p module with the tabs uncut. They are for sale on the site.
I don’t understand why you guys keep saying 12s4p
I didn’t order anything to do with a 12s4p.
I ordered (6) 2s4p… end of story. Here is the battery configuration that I was attempting to make.

Double stack with +and- on the same side.

1 Like

If you aren’t building a 12s4p can you tell us what you are trying to build?

I now agree with @Soflo. He didn’t get what he ordered. Agnius thought he would be using the pack in a different way, but soflo had something else in min.

2 Likes

When I placed an order I placed an order for (6) 2s4p modules. Not a 12s4p module. I designed the double stack with terminals on one side for my build. I didn’t want any other combo of modules to make a 12s4p. He took it upon himself to change my order and not tell me.

Couldn’t you just cut the tabs to turn it into a 2s4p very easily?

He did, later on, but didn’t realize he had that connection in the first place.

4 Likes

@ryansinatra, I did exactly that and now the modules work fine, except the 4 cells that got burned up. Just trying to let others know to closely inspect your modules and make sure you got what you ordered.

When I got my order, all my tabs were together and o had to cut them all. But I didn’t think it was that big of a deal.

@ryansinatra I agree, I received my order and looked at them, they were all the same externally. I thought they were all cut, but one was not. I ordered 6 of the same product, so I assumed they would all be the same internally. I’m not upset about having to cut the one strip, I just wish he would have let me know that he changed my order. Would have saved me from burning up 4 Samsung 30Qs.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I see what you mean

2 Likes

@Soflo
Hi. My fault was not clarifying the intent of the build with you. To further clarify, you then got one correct module which had one long 8P tab and 2 4P tabs. Thats 2S4P module. So i should have sent all like that.
2S4P means that you have 7.2V on the terminals. If i had sent you all 4P+4P, thats just plain 12S 4P done in 6 enclosures. Note this photo, customer used all 2s4p modules, hence long wire series connections:

If you could check your order, you have ordered 1 of the insulation rings, just checked the invoice.
The bolts are what they are. There is just enough room for them and if you get them longer, you could damage the cell. They are chosen for the thickness of the busbar and cant be adapted as everyone is using theyr own terminals.
My apologies for not getting to the bottom of things with you. I can include whatever my fault was with you next order or send it separately. The intention was to make experience hassle free, not other way around.

6 Likes

Also, here is product description:

2S4P modules are made to order with the lead time starting from 7 days

Includes one assembled module:
1 3D printed 2S4P closed enclosure(translucent, PETG, 70C max)
2 tin plated copper tabs
1 tin plated copper compression tab(or 2 tin plated copper compression tabs in 4P + 4P configuration)
4 M5 square nuts (SS)
4 M5 bolts with washers (SS)
4 3mm screws for plastic (SS)
Vented modules are also available on special request
On request modules could be arranged in 4P + 4P configuration. Leave a message when ordering.

So if you needed all to be 4P+4P, you needed to leave a message. I assumed you missed that part and tried to assemble your order the way 99% of customers order.
Again, sorry for misunderstanding and if I can make you feel better, please advise what should I do for you.
Thanks

4 Likes

Just as reminder, here is a post from the very beginning on the esk8 and first images of the 2S4P module:

1 Like

@Agniusm. I appreciate the response! I was expecting all 2s4p modules, when they arrived I opened up a few of them and saw 4p/4p so I assumed that’s what they all were. In the future, please contact your customers before modifying their order. I know you had good intentions, so I’m not super pissed off about it. After looking at the pack I built, I could have eliminated those connection wires on the back if I used (2) 2s4p and (4) 4p/4p. Im going to place another order today for 6 more modules, as I really like your product.

5 Likes

Thank you. Would you like me to include 5 compression tabs so you have the right 2S4P? Its not that hard to swap and have a pack the way you intended.

P.S. sorry for responding on the main thread, i would like to be as transparrent on the issues that arrise.

1 Like

When I place the order, I’ll go with (4)2s4p and 2(4p/4p). That will allow me to swap out the 2 modules on this pack and remove the wires.

@Agniusm, I just placed a second order and left notes to ship (4) 2s4p and (2) 4p/4p.

1 Like