NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

good point. Thanks.

1 Like

Getting ready to put this puppy together, anyone know where I can buy these bolts that bolt everything together? I seem to be missing one. Or what size they are. Also regarding the balance and battery leads are you guys just using a crimping tool for these? Or are yall soldering them to the spade style lugs

6 Likes

Was it missing from beginning or it got lost? I always include spare nut and bold in screw bag if you can check there

1 Like

This was a second hand set I got from a forum member

You have an ace hardware near you or some sort of fastener supply shop? They’ll have thread gage setups for you to use. Makes getting the right bolts easy

1 Like

13 Likes

Damn, I just placed an order

Where can I download the 21700 module? Can’t find it on the site…

It’s in the first post.

2 Likes

Found it… It’s on thingiverse not the site

1 Like

@Agniusm Props to you for developing this awesome system and for making the files accessible so we can print the modules ourselves!
I will definitely order hardware for a future 12s5p 21700 pack soon.

One quick question, sorry if it has been answered before: are the 21700 modules symmetrical in the sense of that you can use the bus bar for a stacked arrangement as well as a flat arrangement or a hybrid of both? Or are there different lengths?

2 Likes

Its possible to do both. There was an error on my part and you have to use either 18650 or 21700 or both bus bar styles. Flat arrangement requires 18650 bus bar while back to back 21700 bus bar. So in hybrid you would need to use both. Just let me know whenever you are ordering and we can get this sorted so there are no issues when building.
Thanks for kindness as well. :heart:

1 Like

Ok, thanks, I will!

1 Like

Shit, I just ordered (6) 2s4p modules and hardware, planning to stack 2 high, 3 long. So you’re saying the 18650 hardware won’t work for the stack?

1 Like

I want to follow up with the previous post, if you are using 18650 modules, the regular 18650 series connectors work great for back to back or flat arrangements.

6 Likes

@Agniusm… I’m not real happy with you at the moment. I ordered (6) 2s4p complete modules. I built my pack and have a couple problems:

1. Your low profile fasteners do not work with the lug terminals, they are too short.
  2. You mistakenly sold me (5) 2s4p modules and (1) 1s8p module.
    The way I found out was by inserting my batteries and the module killed an entire P group! (Basically made a fucking bomb) So now im down 4 cells for my build as well as shipping costs and waiting time.
  3. You really do need to do a better job when checking and sending out orders, Your mistake almost burned down my fucking house! see anything wrong with that 2s4p battery terminal hardware? It should be 2 fucking pieces like the rest of them.
  4. I ordered (2) packs of fish paper O rings, I received 1.
1 Like
4 Likes

Man, sorry to say you messed up. I can see that you have an external connection at the end. That’s what the last odd module is for. I don’t think it’s his fault. He is making products for DIY people who understand who current flows and how batteries should be connected. Sorry for sounding harsh but that seems to be the case.

As for the lug nuts, yes, I believe, he should be supplying longer bolts with that.

As for fish paper, you don’t need them, I am sure he will refund you for that.

7 Likes

You see, that’s the thing. I didn’t order a 12s4p. I ordered (6) 2s4p. Also only one side of the 1s8p was bridged, Not both. I completely understand how batteries work.

I had the pack design planned out before the order was made. I think when I order 6 of something, You send 6 of something… if you decide to change the order you let the customer know.