NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

Its possible to do both. There was an error on my part and you have to use either 18650 or 21700 or both bus bar styles. Flat arrangement requires 18650 bus bar while back to back 21700 bus bar. So in hybrid you would need to use both. Just let me know whenever you are ordering and we can get this sorted so there are no issues when building.
Thanks for kindness as well. :heart:

1 Like

Ok, thanks, I will!

1 Like

Shit, I just ordered (6) 2s4p modules and hardware, planning to stack 2 high, 3 long. So you’re saying the 18650 hardware won’t work for the stack?

1 Like

I want to follow up with the previous post, if you are using 18650 modules, the regular 18650 series connectors work great for back to back or flat arrangements.

6 Likes

@Agniusm… I’m not real happy with you at the moment. I ordered (6) 2s4p complete modules. I built my pack and have a couple problems:

1. Your low profile fasteners do not work with the lug terminals, they are too short.
  2. You mistakenly sold me (5) 2s4p modules and (1) 1s8p module.
    The way I found out was by inserting my batteries and the module killed an entire P group! (Basically made a fucking bomb) So now im down 4 cells for my build as well as shipping costs and waiting time.
  3. You really do need to do a better job when checking and sending out orders, Your mistake almost burned down my fucking house! see anything wrong with that 2s4p battery terminal hardware? It should be 2 fucking pieces like the rest of them.
  4. I ordered (2) packs of fish paper O rings, I received 1.
1 Like
4 Likes

Man, sorry to say you messed up. I can see that you have an external connection at the end. That’s what the last odd module is for. I don’t think it’s his fault. He is making products for DIY people who understand who current flows and how batteries should be connected. Sorry for sounding harsh but that seems to be the case.

As for the lug nuts, yes, I believe, he should be supplying longer bolts with that.

As for fish paper, you don’t need them, I am sure he will refund you for that.

7 Likes

You see, that’s the thing. I didn’t order a 12s4p. I ordered (6) 2s4p. Also only one side of the 1s8p was bridged, Not both. I completely understand how batteries work.

I had the pack design planned out before the order was made. I think when I order 6 of something, You send 6 of something… if you decide to change the order you let the customer know.

That’s exactly how it is supposed to be. It is supposed to be there so that you don’t have to make connections from the outside like you have done, seen at the bottom of your image.

As for ordering info, @Agniusm, maybe provide some image so that people know exactly what they are buying.

2 Likes

Dude, I didn’t fucking order a 1s8p.
You tell the customer If you are changing their order. Period…

4 Likes

He didn’t send you 1s8p though. 1s8p would have two long tabs with no cuts in the middle (they don’t exist).

You got 2s4p x1 and 4p+4p x5, which is exactly what you need for a 12s4p battery.
Can you draw a schematic of how you were planning to wire a battery?

1 Like

@tipsy what do you think a 2s4p is? It’s a 4p+4p…
And yes a 1s8p does exist, it’s a 2s4p module with the tabs uncut. They are for sale on the site.
I don’t understand why you guys keep saying 12s4p
I didn’t order anything to do with a 12s4p.
I ordered (6) 2s4p… end of story. Here is the battery configuration that I was attempting to make.

Double stack with +and- on the same side.

1 Like

If you aren’t building a 12s4p can you tell us what you are trying to build?

I now agree with @Soflo. He didn’t get what he ordered. Agnius thought he would be using the pack in a different way, but soflo had something else in min.

2 Likes

When I placed an order I placed an order for (6) 2s4p modules. Not a 12s4p module. I designed the double stack with terminals on one side for my build. I didn’t want any other combo of modules to make a 12s4p. He took it upon himself to change my order and not tell me.

Couldn’t you just cut the tabs to turn it into a 2s4p very easily?

He did, later on, but didn’t realize he had that connection in the first place.

4 Likes

@ryansinatra, I did exactly that and now the modules work fine, except the 4 cells that got burned up. Just trying to let others know to closely inspect your modules and make sure you got what you ordered.

When I got my order, all my tabs were together and o had to cut them all. But I didn’t think it was that big of a deal.