*SCAM ALERT* neoHUB Group Buy (Same as loaded motor but sensored)

Is possible for this motor to using thicker copper but factory already take many time for winding motor by hand. We think this can be ok for is using design now.

4 Likes

Now that’s power move, I concede I said what else do you want :joy:

Approx how much time for one motor winding btw? With your current strands.

I don’t understanding.

For time is now taking too long for this. I need checking exact time. But my production engineer already working with factory to make improve for efficient making.

1 Like

I challenge them to a race.

4 Likes

I register this as a formal race request between @jeffwuneo hubs and @hummieee hubs, winner takes all.

@Brenternet @Bret please confirm :trophy:

5 Likes

Hmm… I’m slightly confused where the confusion is…

I’m under the impression that the 14 awg is with reference to these final three windings.

The wire used to make up those final cables doesn’t matter - as long as the cross sectional area is equivalt to 14AWG in the end.

I don’t see how you could think the insides of a motor could be “silicone wire” - silicone wire, which we know hobby wise, is just high strand counts of
0.08mm in dia tinned copper with silicone insulation. This chart may help

In short… he’s making AWG area equivalent wire out of whatever dia enamel coated wire that he uses. Then for the phase leads we terminate/see outside of the motor can he solders on 14AWG silicone wire to that 14AWG enamel wire creation.

Am I right or totally wrong…

Either way the cookie crumbles… I bet Jeff probably regrets working with us sometimes :stuck_out_tongue:

Too many skateboard nerds to handle

6 Likes

I’m super tacky when it comes to core detail, since it affects performance as well.

As I’ve seen few examples of thick copper wire done properly, just check the few posts above, I insta trigger if I smell fishy cause multistrand thin wiring ain’t one thick equivalent wire.

But as stated, I misunderstood Jeff’s post, it was never stated 14awg copper. So all clear for me.

1 Like

@Bindings_McGee Remember if it’s Delta wound, the output wire is where you connect the beginning and end of two of the phases. So the output phase wires look twice as thick as the actual windings. So unless it’s WYE wound, the windings are half of those output phase wires

4 Likes

but the mellow stator is Not build in one piece. It is assembled after doing the windings. Every “arm” of the stator is a single unit.

5 Likes

bet 10 dollars on hummies have more torque :laughing:

2 Likes

Hummie mentioned a while ago he thought these motors would do well wound LRK …

@jeffwuneo keep up the good work bud. Ima get in on the next batch hopefully

1 Like

Didn’t know that, that’s actually super clever :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Super clever if it doesn’t fall apart. I guess they haven’t. I’ve heard of such a thing falling apart. I’d like to see exactly how they assemble it. it allows more copper and also that’s how they get really low cogging torque and their easy coasting which I’m envious off. Cogging torque is a loss powered and more so unpowered

If wound wye there’s only one circuit and with delta there’s two. With two you can have slight variation between them and an inefficiency as they are forced to balance.

Lrk has a slightly higher magnetic circuit efficiency dubbed “winding factor”. But in winding every other tooth you end up with more wire wasted on the “end turns”, the wire sticking off the end horizontally which is kinda wasted wire, so lrk more ideal for long motors than pancake flat type.
Maybe we can move the thread.

6 Likes

I wanna try the jaykay hubs, they claim 100% free rolling

2 Likes

Yea if only they had more torque. Slotless motors like that are always weak no way around it. They likely are almost as good as a regular wheel.

6 Likes

never heard about a mellow motor falling apart so the motors will be well engineered. I dont know exactly how they do it but what i know is, that the “arms” are locked with a kind of keyway, you can see in the picture @Pedrodemio posted. I suspect they precisely fit like a kind of attach and then are locked with permanent keyways, so no chance to fall apart.

5 Likes

because of the torque they are used in 4wd. Thats part of the concept, bc they have just 8s configuration and with only 2 motors there is not enough space for 8 cells.

3 Likes

2x 4S1P actually, which is 4S1P per truck.

5 Likes

They have bigger stator so of course it have more torque. This motor is not design for be most powerful. Is design for reliable and good power for most people.

12 Likes

yeah you re right. What did i had in mind :see_no_evil:
anyways just 4s1p and just going with only 2 motors is simply much much much to weak.