*SCAM ALERT* neoHUB Group Buy (Same as loaded motor but sensored)

I wanna try the jaykay hubs, they claim 100% free rolling

2 Likes

Yea if only they had more torque. Slotless motors like that are always weak no way around it. They likely are almost as good as a regular wheel.

6 Likes

never heard about a mellow motor falling apart so the motors will be well engineered. I dont know exactly how they do it but what i know is, that the “arms” are locked with a kind of keyway, you can see in the picture @Pedrodemio posted. I suspect they precisely fit like a kind of attach and then are locked with permanent keyways, so no chance to fall apart.

5 Likes

because of the torque they are used in 4wd. Thats part of the concept, bc they have just 8s configuration and with only 2 motors there is not enough space for 8 cells.

3 Likes

2x 4S1P actually, which is 4S1P per truck.

5 Likes

They have bigger stator so of course it have more torque. This motor is not design for be most powerful. Is design for reliable and good power for most people.

12 Likes

yeah you re right. What did i had in mind :see_no_evil:
anyways just 4s1p and just going with only 2 motors is simply much much much to weak.

yes Jeff, i never said that you made us believe your motors are the most powerful, so no worries friend. Just replied to @Brenternet.
I am pretty sure your motors will be reliable and strong enough, bc i like every kind of hub motors and im riding my chinese Hub motors for years now without any problems and they got enough torque and power for me so again no need to worry.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d prefer waiting a bit longer but getting the most reliable, powerful and efficient neoHUB possible!

@jeffwuneo’s commitment to improve upon the Loaded design and make this hub top quality got excited about the neoHUBs. I would greatly appreciate quality to remain the priority instead of trying to finish the product sooner.

1 Like

They sell the trucks and motors as a set of two trucks, so you’re getting 4WD.

1 Like

can you ride them in 2wd? I dont think so, but maybe i am wrong.

Possibly? Dunno.

1 Like

Quality is always priority. But is important can do quality for reasonable time. We only work to improve efficiency for making. We have strict QC process for this and for IQC also before we can allow motor to sending.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear!

Did I misread or misunderstand that it would be possible to get thicker copper? If that would result in a better fill and better performance/reliability, I would prefer that. :slight_smile:

We can look at making thicker. But it need time for test and plan. And it can need costing more expensive also. We cannot change now batch because is already make.

I think is not problem and motor can be good performance. I share dyno information next week.

10 Likes

Thank you. I can wait. :slight_smile:
But I don’t want to complicate things for others.

2 Likes

They have no more free rolling than a Meepo from my impression.

3 Likes

and ANY discussion HAS to be better than back on the color lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

i cant imagine that, too.
They will just roll like hub motors i think :upside_down_face:
Me personally like that, its not like skating them standard wheels, but i am always fine with the free rolling. Dont know it but could imagine that belt and/or gear drives have more rolling resistance then any hub or direkt drive. Maybe I am wrong.

Yes, that’s why I’m saying it’s like an Meepo. I have compared the YK with my Meepo AWD. Didn’t remember to feel any difference in free rolling.

1 Like