*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Is ok :slight_smile: just busy time now before spring festival so many project need finish.

7 Likes

to be fair, if he was doing this “for-profit” everything would be 3-4x more expensive for the overhead. But yes, cant really beat the price + quality of a non-profit friend of our community :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If we do this as business we need to make 20元 for every 1元 we spending. For me I don’t needing to do this for business so is ok to just covering cost.

15 Likes

We finish PCB design and checking already and we start to make today already. For pcb it need 4 day for making then can start to make sample smt.

11 Likes

Noooo, I must have hit the flag thing by accident, I sincerely apologize in case this post disappears!

Got too excited about the whole project!

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Tech requests for Jeff from neoONE

It can but may need some layout change. Send message to me.

2 Likes

PCB is now for production. We make in our factory that produce PCB for military so is highest quality can making. It need 4-5 day for making. I share photo once finishing.

23 Likes

this thread is amazing! who wants my 1.6v focbox’s bahaha

5 Likes

this is my new favourite thread. sorry @avX I still like your gear drives

4 Likes

dibs if you are getting rid of it

2 Likes

Also have a 1.6 sitting here :slight_smile:

1 Like

SAME gonna be lotta used FOCBOXes on the used parts market in the future :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Awesome work Jeff! Cant wait to see what you come up with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For pcb we make from FR5 material which is can much strong for normal pcb and can working to 170C temperature. We use heavy copper fill in pcb also.

20 Likes

35 Likes

You’re machine my friend. This is a truly astonishing turn around time. I’m excited to see the beta batch amongst builders here.

9 Likes

We work fast in China :slight_smile:

Each PCB have individual serial number and date making we can tracking if problem for future.

28 Likes

Are you engineers enjoying doing this stuff? It’s a new hobby for all of you :joy:

8 Likes

We like doing, is be fun :slight_smile: This PCB not so hard. Some we making before have 12 layer and complicate with big sizing. This make small is fun challenge for my engineer. They do fast.

47 Likes