*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Yes we already change supplier for these.

5 Likes

Hi Jeff,

If I could make a recommendation - instead of using torx stainless - consider a 10.9 or 12.9 alloy steel zinc plated or zinc-aluminum flake coated hex head screw.

In the end, everybody can change screws out to their own preference… but I feel like the majority of builders are mainly using hex head hardware in their builds. Adding the need to also have torx on hand gets to be a bit more tedious.

As for the alloy steel recommendation - it may be slightly more expensive… but stainless 304/304L/316 or w/e really is more prone to stripping. Zinc-plated or Zinc-aluminum flake (my favorite) is perfect for esk8 conditions.

8 Likes

We already using 12.9 for existing screw include.

1 Like

No offense intended and correct me if I’m mistaken - I think I saw somebody else had posted a screw came stripped in the casing from the factory. I couldn’t imagine that screw had been tightened/untightened more than 3 times at the factory… If it stripped that quickly - I personally couldn’t believe it’s true 12.9 alloy steel. Your supplier might be pulling a fast one on you :eyes:

2 Likes

I think worker may have over tighten with electric power. I ask worker to do by hand.

5 Likes

Yeah the screw was fucked lol (also the torx bit advise didn’t help either :( )

@wandagoner @Dred i would like to know the answer to this as well. Do I update my dib’d post in the testing thread at certain mile markers? Times? Or if the unit dies? :man_shrugging:t2:

I dont have a ble/nrf module, is there anyway to dump the log files (im assuming csv?) from the VESC themselves?

1 Like

Wow so mean! Have you never done the walk of shame with some silly fixable problem? I’m gonna sit in a corner and cry sad tears.

I actually carry 1 spare of each fastener on the board, and a tool for every fastener. A bit of loctite, spare loop key, spare belts. And whatever random crap I’ve had fail that’s easy to carry around.

Can we cuddle?

orly??

4 Likes

I think maybe do. I send one for you :slight_smile:

15 Likes

This is like the way more chill version of the rivalry between Jason and Dexter

Glad you are getting your products out jeff I look forward to buying them myself in the future.

7 Likes

Basically you generate an entry for every notable issue, tbh stripped screw is low on the tier of hardware testing but materials tolerances are still important.

1 Like

Thank you friend. Is no rival. I friend with everyone. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wasn’t thinking the screw would be an entry :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotcha tho :+1:

I very sorry for screw problem. Did getting out?

1 Like

Don’t sweat it Jeff :+1:

I’ll take a Dremel to it the next time I need to remember it. For now it allows me to just swivel the door instead of taking it off :man_shrugging:t2: no big deal

2 Likes

I get angry for my worker who make this problem. I tell them to do by hand because screw is small. But they over tighten and strip screw. It miss our QC on this one. But I make sure for next is not be problem.

16 Likes

package 0077 arrived, thanks jeff

i’ll wire it up in the morning

2 Likes

Mad respect for the honest truth

3 Likes

We only honest and open. Is important so we can improving if any problem.

9 Likes

Send the guy my respect. He messed up only one screw so far and all the others appear to be fine, despite using a power tool to meet the crazy quota he probably needs to meet :wink:

On a side note. If anybody has a 3d servisas dual focbox enclosure (the one with two halves) for the OG focbox, could you check if these fit?

1 Like