*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I’m just curious in seeing what they can do continuous, how fast temp rises, using openloop test in vesc tool

7 Likes

That’s the first test I’m gonna do

4 Likes

Every. Beta. Tester. Ever.

17 Likes

Frank! What’s your T-Shirt Size?

Asking for a friend. :laughing:

24 Likes

No need for it, sorry bro.

9 Likes

giphy

12 Likes

I didn’t say I was done testing or that I think others should have them you asshat :joy:

2 Likes

Caden, we should probably discuss the fact that you’re testing your Neobox before the OSRR.

DEAD TO ME.

19 Likes

never turn down a free shirt bro

I am currently rocking a bajaboard in black with yellow writing.

Noob.

8 Likes

tap tap tap

is this thing on?

did dhl visit anyone else today?

5 Likes

yes. I’m mostly sharing initial thoughts and suggestions in the Telegram for now.

TLDR, as a stand alone unit they are nice, but there are a few minor improvements I think could be made, no real glaring issues atm though, we will see. As a drop in replacement for focbox, they juuuuuust don’t fit the plastic focbox cover, but no biggie really… the cap diameter is just slightly larger than focbox caps. The V6 PCBs fit well on focbox heatsink plate by @3DServisas from what I can tell.

Hoping to get them out on the road later on this evening/early morning.

One pic to hold over maybe?

6 Likes

no. in fact mine cleared customs monday in LA and were just updated today with

“Scheduled for delivery as agreed”

which means “next week”

5 Likes

3 Likes

@Bobby it’s 5:45pm PST - where is your pix and review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im at work… one of them essential bitches…

8 Likes

that’s what happens when packages are delivered ten minutes before 4:20

3 Likes

this i believe

ug painful knowing your toys are at home and cannot play with them!

3 Likes

Yeah, sure. This from the guy who’s firmware bricked a bunch of FocBox’s.

Pick who you listen too folks.

2 Likes

They have arrived! I’ll get some metr logs tomorrow after I get xt90s and bullets installed

13 Likes

Friends. Because my worker glue cap to pcb before assembling in case, these test neoBOX have cap that some point up and down.

We already improve this process which mean we can making case smaller. For next batch we also add seal to case and we plan to replace slot for cable with hole with rubber seal. This way can put gasket on neoBOX lid and cable protect also.

We also replace screw to using torx stainless screws so everything can be protect from water and moisture.

21 Likes