NeoBox Testing Results V4 (serious)

This is a placeholder for upcoming feedback from future testers. There is no cause for alarm.

2 Likes

but who was source code?

Capture

4 Likes

@Vanarian
Sorry if I was not clear about the intent of this thread, and the other with a similar name.

These threads were opened in anticipation of the V4 and V6 neobox arrivals and meant as a place for testing results to be posted.

I’d like to change the phrasing in the topic and description to avoid further confusion - what leads you to believe the topic is intended to provide a review?

2 Likes

Hi all, please use the below link for submitting detailed issue/error reporting, the form includes options for the V4 and V6 models, I will post this link in the V^ thread as well, if some one could pin this would be super handy.

Reporting Form:
https://forms.gle/qxgoRUBUQw6Ghh8r7

6 Likes

This is a very thorough document, I like it a lot! Looking forward to seeing testing results.

2 Likes

@Dred. I just checked out the form. Is that something we fill out w each report? Or is it a continual log? I’m asking because I ordered both the 4&6 versions. And the form doesn’t allow both as an answer.

1 Like

Is this compatible with metr log data or only vesc/vdla type logs?

General PSA:

NeoBoxes are arriving and community testing is beginning. lets work to honor the serious tag from this point forward. i refreshed the poll to capture meaningful votes

above note is not directed at individual or comment but rather a line in the sand

8 Likes

Im waiting for someone to perform an open loop test at 80 amps

Goto the terminal

Click heartbeat on
Foc_openloop 80 3000

Need to make sure the motor settings are above 80A

Time it until it hits thermal throttle (80 deg C)

6 Likes

I will test this and report back.

2 Likes

so i accidently clicked to vote and now its there forever. my b

4 Likes

Delete your whole account

14 Likes

Sorry missed this, ideal format would be .txt or .doc for log files

2 Likes

You fill out for each issue you encounter for each hwd version, aka if your v4 blows a FET and your v6 is randomly pulling to many amps they would each be entered as separate line items for f that makes sense.

2 Likes

Alright since not a lot of people seem to be posting the v4 I’ll give a quick update, motor detection and calibration were successful, setting up FOC and detection were also successful on the stock firmware.

11 Likes

Have you gone out for a ride yet?

Ive gone on several rides… pushed em to 36mph. Not one hiccup. The UART has been giving me issues but luckily not the metr. Davega had its problems and I kinda gave up on it.

2 Likes

The V4s held up so far, pushed them to 45mph but not really sure I trust them past that.

Edit: thats not a dig on the neobox either, just VESCs do strange things above 40mph.

6 Likes

How do I view the answers to the report form? Is there a google sheet or something?

Did you swap the tx and rx lead on the davega cable connector?