*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

we were all so young and innocent and full of hope, when you manned up and sent the Box of Foc to Jeff… we had such high hopes… alas, innocence lost…

7 Likes

Yeah, in general, and not even most people, I’m just disappointed some people took it to the point of (alleged) threats of physical retaliation. I’ll just leave it at that, I’ve edited my comments to hopefully eliminate any drama from me on this topic, and do what I’ve been doing- wait to see if the ESCs show up before my PP protection lapses, and if not then charge back.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I could sit hear and type for hours about how most of the comments here as BS and insulting to those of us that spent a lot of time and took a risk to keep the community informed with literally ZERO UPSIDE TO US!

But I won’t, I’ll just leave this here and then mute the thread to keep from being so damned disappointed again.

27 Likes

I thinks Jeffs story about his website setup up by a Jed board associate is plausible, his first attempt at neobox was good, a few issues. I deal with china with my job and with my business and you come accross people like Jeff who promise the world but find it hard to deliver. Best intentions are great but sometime expectation management and quality control are just as important. I will give him the benefit of the doubt I may order Neos for a future build I have such a soft spot for focbox 1.7s they are based on. The Hubs I will hard pass, QC issues aside running the same china thane on a board for it’s whole life (see craptor 2 owner) just doesn’t appeal to me.

While I beleive “fiction is often the best fact” we don’t need fiction in this instance because we have the facts, which are posted here:

4 Likes

I really agree with @glyphiks here. I think it’s not a question {at the moment} to try and get at “Jeff” but more to focus on us as a community. I think some still want to receive the neobox, even if it’s for science, so those who wish to cancel their order’s out of frustration must realise that this can affect those who want to keep theirs as well. Inflicting our pain onto Jeff by pushing chargebacks might actually also inflict pain upon us. My holy suggestion would be to wait, as many suggested, until the protection in close to expiring.

He (Jeff) might have been very un-transparent but has delivered units so far, ignoring the quality, so we know there is a production line, and that units exist. I also despise those who are complaining, because as mentioned, as a tester of an unknown vendor, you were aware of the possible consequences so like Mike, I’m not really impressed by the lack of complaints. I understand these complaints of course, you have a reason to be angry I think I have my point across like others above have mentioned.

TL; DR
Cancelling your order might not be the best option, as it could increase waiting time on other members who are waiting, and might even make a greater mess.

PS I’m so glad I didn’t make an order :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up: this. If you’ve been in esk8 for more than a minute, you know that you’re gonna need to wait for some shit.

From the limited communication that we have seen, it would seem as if Jeff is still trying to deliver.

I would urge you all for the good of the community if nothing else, to hold onto that order until a point close to your 180 days. Otherwise you’re kinda just fucking everybody else over.

13 Likes

I got mine from @Riako, so :yum:

2 Likes

I bought my choochoo deck ten months ago and still don’t have it. cough, cough @Sender, cough

All good things come to those who are patient. (It’s why I always end up w shit :joy:)

6 Likes

Tim moved and is setting up his new workshop. The grind will be back on shortly.

5 Likes

I know I’m just giving him shit.

6 Likes

You can’t hurry art…

3 Likes

It’s done he just hasn’t shipped it because he got stuck moving

2 Likes

Easy for you to say. you have already received hun motors.

Yep and I’ve already sold them.

I have waited many months for group buys in the past, waited an eternity for unities, had vendors try and steal my money, etc etc.

Patience is a virtue my friend. If you don’t have it, I’d suggest you learn it otherwise you’re probably not gonna enjoy the diy thing much :joy:

11 Likes

So, are you saying this in normal?

1 Like

I’m saying it’s not out of the ordinary.

5 Likes

I manufacture and sell components all over the world. I ship the same or next day. All made in USA.
Over a month ago I shipped a set of parts to UK. Royal Mail decided not to process overseas packages because of COVID-19.
After only one week dude who bought from me asked for a refund knowing that RM is down. The package was sent back to the US and US Postal sent it back to UK. He received shipment and now asking for a discount. I no longer ship to UK or even to Canada. US only. Problem solved.
I think maybe I need to make parts for you guys. You can put up with a lot of shit.

6 Likes

We can. We’d love more vendors, but far too many times people have come here with big promises and never follow through. What did you have in mind for production?

2 Likes